1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI.com] Texans players Rip Houston Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Nook

Nook Member

That is anywhere, the NFL draws a lot of bottom of the barrel trash. Go to Soldier Field some day, the amount of garbage is amazing... Even the best cities I have been to have had a lot of trash tailgating and attending the games. It has gotten a lot worse the last 7-8 years.

2. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I'd expect that kind of fan reaction in places like Oakland or Chicago, but not Houston.

3. TheresTheDagger

Arbitrary to each fan is the answer. There are many that wanted Kubiak gone in 2009. If you are asking me my opinion, I'd say the time is now to change. This team is MASSIVELY under performing for its talent level IMHO.

I'll flip the question back to you now that I've answered. When would you make a change at Head Coach?

4. Raven

Raven Member

Yep, I sure did.

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Or chuck batteries at players?

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Kansas City is known for having some great fans and they did it to Cassel. It happens.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They can wipe their tears with hundred.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Texans who are ripping fans better apologize to the thousands who didn't boo you ungrateful bastards!!!

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It was a lead story last year, and its a lead story here.

It still should never happen.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Somewhat true. And it's much worse at some stadiums. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

11. Grinds

Grinds Member

Dude please, it happens many, many times in similar situations.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I hope the player outrage at the fans pulls the team together, they circle the wagons and we see a better effort next week.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Judging by what happened this week they'll just lose by 40.

Your post could have been copy/pasted from two weeks ago.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly I think he should have been fired after the collapse last season and the unbelievable lack of preparation the Texans had against the Patriots. Losing to the Patriots is one thing. Consistently having players not know where to line up or any inkling of what the Pats were doing is not okay.

At this point I fire Kubiak if I can get someone with a track record to take over, someone like a Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, etc. There are not many out there but I make the move in that case. So that by next pre season the team has already built a familiarity with their new coach and system.

No way in hell I give anyone existing on this staff the head coaching job. I am stunned their special teams coach still has a job.

15. underrated015

underrated015 Member

luv dre but put up or shut up. what ya got. another loss. ***k off.

16. Grinds

Grinds Member

They couldn't circle the wagon after...

Schaub was followed home.
    or
    The players only meeting.
    or
    The SNF embarrassment.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

People arent cheering the injury, they are cheering the end result. The change that the injury brought.

If Schaub got chased out of the arena by a swarm of bees, or slipped on a banana peel and concussed himself, it would be a YouTube sensation.

The players are doing what everyone in any organization does when things are going down the ****ter... self preservation mode. Deflector Shields up!

18. Major

Major Member

If it did, it wouldn't be national news the few times it does happen (Cassel, Schaub).

If the time is now, then I don't see the complaint - unless you think it should have happened in the last 4 hours. You haven't even given the team a chance to fire him and are already complaining.

I think they had an opportunity he should have been gone after 2010. Since then, I don't think there's been a logical time to let him go. Assuming they lose next week, I think going into the bye week would be a good time if they have a coach in mind, as it allows an interim coach 2 weeks to install whatever changes he wants to make. Or the end of the season if you want to do a more extensive coaching search and don't have an interim coach in mind.

19. egr281

egr281 Member

F*** the players, without their fans they are just average 9 to 5 guys like the rest of us, and they are playing this "fans dont know **** about what its like" card until its dry. They get no sympathy from me

20. Nook

Nook Member

Yes it is bad in Oakland, Philadelphia and Cleveland. The NFL is now the working man's sport and escape. Every jackass that likes to party and feel like they are part of something watches the NFL.