1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI.com: Surviving Ron Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xcrunner51, Jul 8, 2009.

1. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...-cooper/07/08/mavs.notes/index.html?eref=sihp

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

pheew, I thought you put this in the wrong forum but your ok. :cool:

3. TreP3

TreP3 Contributing Member

Adding Ariza and losing Artest probably pays off in the long run for the Rockets. Ariza will continue to improve, and this team should be able to run a lot and be fun to watch, even if they hover near .500.

4. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Not sure if this belongs here, but didn't Yao say in a interview that him, Shane and sometimes Luis had to keep an eye on Ron and help keep him in check and not lose his temper. This season at least the guys can just play good team basketball and not worry that something will go wrong.

5. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

i do have to agree with one thing. He did not leave destuction in his wake like Indy.
    Since everyone thinks the Zen master can keep him in line, thins is one time I hope they are very very wrong. i would love to see Ron blow up the lakers

6. davemei

davemei Member

it'll be interesting to see what kind of impact Artest has on the Lakers and what the end result will be.

In Houston, he obviously liked having the ball and he almost always set the tone of the offense when the ball fell into his hands. With LA, I'm not sure if he will continue to do this. If he does fall back into his habits, it'd be interesting to see the dynamics between him, Pau, and Kobe. It seems doubtful that Ron will take being the 3rd or 4th offensive option willingly...maybe he does...maybe he destroys their chemistry....