1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI.COM] John Lopez: Rockets championships are tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djohn2o12, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kam

Kam Member

He knows a thing or two about hip hop. In the locker room with his kids I'm sure he listened to hip hop. Hey guys, he was an AAU coach. Did you know that? He was an AAU coach. Did he ever tell you he was an aau coach? If not, let him tell you he was an aau coach. An aau coach.

2. Serg300

Serg300 Member

John Lopez = Jerome Solomon...nuff said.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

Seriously, how is it choking if you win, on the road, IN THE VERY NEXT GAME? We still won the series, still won the pennant, and still went to the freaking World Series. How the hell does this guy have MULTIPLE jobs in the sports industry?? The problem is most listeners and readers boil down to the lowest common denominator, and just regurgitate what they hear from these blowhards.

4. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

He should get his ass wooped :mad:

5. Raven

Raven Member

He's actually worse, which is about as low as you can go.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This just in from Solomon: Houstonians continue to settle for the mediocre by discussing Houston journalism

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

When in the hell did that Happen?
    You might can really give him the last 3 years Moon was in Houston with Pardee, but what about every other season. In the late 70s, the Oilers were in the same division with Steel Curtain. And the Oilers weren't any kind of power house of expected it to be

8. Kam

Kam Member

it's 3:56 and lopez still sucks.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, Lopez blows chunks. He is the main reason I don't listen to 610am in the mornings. His co-host, vandermeer (sp?) is not very good either, but at least he is not a total r****d.

790 or 1560 is where it's at. And no way I read any of his columns, it says something about your writing ability when your employer (The Chron) lets you go and retain Jerome Solomon. Basically, you are worst than that chump.

10. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Not only was he an AAU coach, but he also coached kids that played on AAU teams. That's some impressive stuff.

11. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I think its just his way of getting back at Houston and the chron maybe?

12. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

No, I think he just blows...that's all.

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Does he hate Houston or something, because I can think of two other cities who could've been mentioned?

Seattle and Indianapolis . . .

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Morey need to teach him a lesson on twitter, come one morey get his ass.

15. ApuN

ApuN Member

Cant ya'll see he is a major chain yanker?? Why are you letting him get to yall like this.

First of all Lopez is a BIG SPURS FAN.

He's from San Antonio. He's pissed because the Spurs got flushed out of the playoffs after getting everybodys hopes up - against the Suns on top of that.

So this is his way of taking a dig at an in state rival.

Despite the idea that he is supposed to be unbiased, (trust me,he aint), everytime the Spurs lose in the postseason, he'll keep reminding Rocket fans of this stupid b.s.

Remember, when the Rockets whupped the Spurs in '95 and Dream made Robinson his personal beeeyotch - Lopez was broken hearted, crying in his beer.

He never got over it.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

What a jackass. :mad: I was wondering why a few times I've listened to 610 in the morning they were talking about how Lopez is really a nice guy, just outspoken...I was wondering "why are they wasting so much time talking about this crap? Talk about something sports related."

How pathetic is it that they have to try and make the sidekick look like less of an ass that he is...it kind of tells ya something.

18. BMoney

BMoney Member

I don't normally advocate pistol whipping people, but man....Lopez deserves one.

[​IMG]

19. Kam

Kam Member

John lopez enjoys wearing womens undergarment. This segment that he had kind of sealed it for me.

Ever since then, I have never listened to his show, except when I turn my car on because I left it on 610 from the day before.

20. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Member

Yup, it's 790 on the way to work for me, stopped listening to 610 in the morning as well, and it's almost strictly because of him. He would fit in better on something like 95.7 where you can say just about any r****ded thing you want and no one knows any better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.