1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI.com: Fans confront Schaub at his home

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

dang you beat me to it

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Schaub sucks, and I know he hired those 2 guys to get the sympathy back and turn public perception. I'm not falling for it.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Kubiak and Schaub masterminded this.

4. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Right....i can tell...My first trip was the Redskins game where Schaub and Dre connected for a td to send the game to overtime....that was much more laid back with few texans fans....but lately the texans fans overtake the opposing teams city and it can get tense.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Exactly, it was two of Kubes aggie buddies in fact.

6. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

It shouldn't be hard to find whoever posted the pics on their facebook.

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Someone should do the reverse. When he has a good game they need to go to his house and cheer him on and tell him nothing but good things.

Naaaaaaah

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Well that's embarrassing....
    Stay classy, Houston.

9. Indaface

Indaface Member

Schaub went from hated heel to face because of some idiots. I'm no bandwagon fan but am frustrated with Schaub and Gary's performance the past year and a half.

Any fan is allowed to voice their displeasure...but twitter/facebook trolls and these guys that went to the man's house need to get a life. It's only sports. Murderers have played football and as long as they were good no one gave a ****.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

very embarrassing indeed. Texans fans have enough to be embarrassed about without idiot fans stalking players at home and morons burning jerseys in the parking lot.

11. Raven

Raven Member

I'll say it again, any poster who believes that a few punks reflect poorly on the entire city of Houston, or the entire Texans' fan base, is either a troll or an idiot and (thankfully) my ignore list still has space for both types.

1 person likes this.
  12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

a few bad apples spoil the bunch, like it or not.

13. Granville

Granville Member

You are an f'n idiot.

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The same is true for every major city on the planet, then. Name a franchise or professional sports city, and I'll find something inexcusable that a "fan" did in the name of "his team". Every village has its idiots. I don't think it's unreasonable for the general population to understand that these people are in the extreme minority and obviously do not reflect the base as a whole.

15. Granville

Granville Member

Actually, no he isn't.

16. Indaface

Indaface Member

The saddest thing is the fact that there are many people that are more than willing to broadly generalize a fan base because of some bad apples. A person can be smart, people are idiots.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Can you make a list for every team? Just want to compare the craziness lol

18. Granville

Granville Member

Are you just a contrarian who takes the opposite side of a debate no matter how stupid that side is just so you can argue?

They should try to find these people to prevent others from doing the same. You wouldn't want customers of your place of employment showing up at your house harassing you.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Ha. That might take a while to do it for literally every team. :)

It's funny, though... another generalization I've seen thrown around in this thread is "football fans". Crazy stuff happens everywhere. The whole "Malice in the Palace" incident started because some idiot in Detroit thought it was OK to throw a full beer at Ron Artest's face. Then there was the Yankees-Phillies World Series a few years back when New York fans were harassing Cliff Lee's wife. Those are just a couple off the top of my head.

There are crazy people in every fanbase. It's not Houston, it's not football, it's not the Texans. It's just a complete idiot or two in the extreme minority. It sucks, and they should be condemned, but some of the reactions here are over the top.

20. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

I agree but there's no denying that football tends to have a large share of village idiots than say basketball. Soccer fans (world wide) and football fans in america tend to display a greater propensity for aggresive behavior from fans