1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI.com: Fans confront Schaub at his home

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 8, 2013.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Turns out that you were wrong.There is no evidence that Schaub's family was threatened with physical assault. Shouting obscenities at someone is not sufficient to qualify as an assault. Regardless, Schaub has denied that anyone stopped at his home and waited outside for his family.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

So one moron stops and yells an obscenity at Schaub's house takes a picture and drives off?

Well at least that moron was not too bad - heck we had a group of idiots following Yao Ming to his house....

In the media friendly world we live in, those walls between entertainer and fans are evaporating fast.

Common decency would say "Don't do that" and most people would never do anything like that, but some folks ain't all there....

At least it seems like it was seriously overblown......

True - true....

And apparently my attempt at Humor was poorly timed as well.

I still think Kubiak doesn't have the sack to bench Schaub though, when he really could use a benching to get his head clear.

DD

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So this is nothing. Fetal sack

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Schaub said he has no knowledge of any incident. No yelling, nothing. People have been known to drive by his house and take pictures, but that's all.

My guess is the media made it all up or it was a neighbor, who called it in, and it was mistakenly tied to Shaub.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL Make no mistake, NFL security isn't the Houston Police Department and make no mistake, cussing at someone in their driveway isn't criminal trespass or assault.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

So which reporter broke this story that takes the blame for this?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

A guy at 610.

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Drove by Schaub's house today on the way home and theres a Houston Police car stationed on his block about two houses down on the curb. Take that as you will

9. CometsWin

Did you leave a for sale sign in Schaub's yard?

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Not sure if your joking or not, but somebody I know posted a picture of one on twitter, I'm pretty sure the person who posted it put up the sign in his yard but I can't be certain.

11. kingk

kingk Member

Stay classy San Diego. Ooops, I meant Houston:)

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Funny you should ask, I passed by his house and didn't see a for sale sign but I did see this.....

[​IMG]

13. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

It's really simple. There is only one way the NFL VP of Security can make the following statement:

"In this case, Monday afternoon, a vehicle pulled into his driveway, an unidentified individual yelled obscenities. The police department is involved. We've been in contact with them as we normally would for anything like this. And because it is a team issue, they have a security director, we work with them.

"In this case, they'll be working closely with the police department. But it's going to be investigated and handled seriously by Houston Police Department."

Whether you choose to believe this or not, changes nothing. The Texans notified the NFL of this incident. Everything else we've heard today from HPD, Matt Schaub and the Texans is pure spin/damage control. Houston has taken some big hits in the national media recently (jersey burning incident). Either the Schaub/Texans have since chosen not to pursue this further... or they are doing so without the media spotlight. That's my personal take. Nobody has to agree... it's fine.

14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol Cushing Quote if it was his driveway " I dont think that guy would be around much longer"

15. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

This is HPD standard operating procedure when nobody is harassed and nothing is reported. :rolleyes:

16. CometsWin

You say a lot of things without really knowing anything. The cop car could be a coincidence or it could very well be cops being paid by the Texans for security. You don't really but by all means pretend that you do.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Sounds like a precautionary measure taken, just in case any fans get any ideas. Should have been done after the Seattle game, if you ask me. At this point, it would be stupid not to take that action.

18. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

I only know what's been reported by the NFL VP of Security. So basically, everyone (including Schaub, HPD, etc.) is calling him a liar. You don't become the VP of NFL Security by making up reports, or neglecting to vet information from league sources.

But sure, the squad car parked near Schaub's residence is a mere coincidence. That seems entirely more plausible. It's that or the Texans paid cops to provide surveillance because a random fan drove by and took pictures -- which Schaub admits happens quite often.

Either way, you win! Great job. More rep for you.

19. CometsWin

Yesterday you were certain someone was going to be charged with assault and criminal trespass and today you're certain a police car near Schaub's house is there because someone threatened him despite again not any evidence of that. I've given possible reasons for the cop car that are just as plausible as yours but feel free to tell me how right you are based on nothing. Thanks, Columbo.

20. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

C'mon, you know full well that's not what I said yesterday. What I said was that I was certain of at least one penal code violation in the incident as reported. That's the key: as reported. I followed that by saying I was in favor of pressing charges against the perp should authorities append him/her.

You claim I've made assertions 'based on nothing', while I've maintained my deductions are based on statements made by the NFL (as received from the Texans)
    . I'm not going to insert my recent posts. You are fairly intelligent and can read.

I realize my conclusions may not be popular but that's fine. As for our exchange, I'm sure we both have other things infinitely more constructive to do. Well, let me not speak for you. I'm done here.