1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] Adelman, Yao bad fit, team may shop Yao this summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

agree. having a top center in the game is always a bad fit :rolleyes:

2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Neither Adelman nor Yao will be going anywhere any time soon. The Rockets are still a success despite the multitude of injuries, and that's mostly Adelman's doing. He's an asset to the team. Also, Yao isn't going anywhere unless he really wants to, and I don't think he does as long as the team has chemistry (which it does once again with T-Mac out).

But yeah, if such an ultimatum did come to pass (Yao or Adelman), the Rockets would get rid of Rick. Fortunately, there is no such ultimatum or agenda at hand, it's just a journalist and GM trying to stir something up.

3. 2rings

2rings Member

Too bad Rick will have to go!

4. MandM's

MandM's Member

adelman would be fired before yao even thought about being shopped around

adelamn should be fired

5. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

If Rockets fail again in advancing in the playoffs, nobody should be safe on the Roster :mad:

6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Yao needs to retire here, he's just like Olajuwon and Mutombo, trully special human beings. All humble, down to earth and very much involved with helping out those less fortunate. I don't even care about the increase of revenue or whatever, he's just a special talent you should never let go. Please Leslie, do not let him slip away like you did with the Dream !!
    Then at least we have two of the greatest centers ever to end their careers here. Picture Yao, Mutombo and Olajuwon in the rafters :)

7. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Why would we shop Yao? Rick would be the first to go, besides Avery Johnson is available.

8. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

I agree with this article. I think yao is a bad fit for Adelman's offense and I would love for him to be traded for some more of adelmans players. Now the chance of that happening are slim, but it is the right thing to do...its obvious that Yao lacks the ability to lead a team. His cons almost outweigh his pros. Les would never do it, but for the betterment of the team it would be the right thing to do. Yao has hit his prime and will be on the decline by the time his contract ends, we would be stupid to get locked up to that long-term.

9. WillG

WillG Member

ha if we got Cp3 I would EASILY do this trade. To bad that will never happen

10. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

This whole thread is dumb. A dominant big man is essential to have regular season and playoff success. Do you know how hard it is to find a truely dominant big man? It all starts with them being 7ft or bigger, which is rare nowadays. Other than howard, name another 6'11 big man that is even remotley dominant as the others...shaq, yao, duncan Kg even though they are pf's, they are still dominant big men. If there are THAT few big men in the league that are even remotley dominant, why would we trade away one of the best

11. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Yeah its hard for him to coach 1 superstar in Yao when in Sacramento he coached 5 all-stars. :rolleyes: You can't blame Aldeman. It's not his fault that Yao is not best fit for this type of offense. Mind me he is doing a good job and trying but this is really not his type of offense.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

exactly my thoughts...

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

probably a lakers fan that wants to start a rumor that makes yao mad so he will go to LA.

14. ibm

ibm Member

anyone who doesn't understands this basics doesn't know bball.

funny someone would want cp3 over yao.

15. landryfans

landryfans Member

What if Yao lose faith in les, wanna make a move for better chance of off season success? In that case, you have to trade Yao and keep AD.

16. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

You know what...... here is a conspiracy theory. Do you guys think is possible David Stern and the NBA intentionally not giving Yao any calls while he is a Rocket. Yao is frustrated..... Rocket fans and management also giving up hope of winning the NBA championship with Yao. They part ways in 2010.

The next thing you know, the Knicks or one of the big market teams jump in sign(or trade) for Yao. And all of the sudden you see Yao gets all kinds of star calls from refs. They win the championship, more $$$ for David Stern. Rockets got screw over again. :(

17. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Why are you guys putting so much into this foul calling thing. Everyone is treated the same way. There are good calls and bad calls. Your not going to get every single call made against or for you. Its not just the Rockets. Its all the other teams also

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i can't believe people actually want avery johnson. theres a reason the guy hasnt been looked at ever since he was fired. its because hes a totalitarian, moreso than JVG, and players hate that. i would rather have a coach that my players are happy to play for like Adelman.

19. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Wade, LBJ or Bosh are good and young, that is why the teams want them, and build the teams around them for a long term. Yao is no long young, so is Dirk. Have you heard those team want to Shaq or Nash? If not, then you think Shaq or Nash is just a glorified role player.

20. OlajuwonShake34

Yao is not leaving, I would much rather have a new coach than having our superstar and the best center in the league leave.

Avery Johnson could probably fix a lot of things around here. Rick Adelman is not very good at decision making, maybe that's why he likes Brooks. Both of them are horrible decision makers.