1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] Adelman, Yao bad fit, team may shop Yao this summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Mar 5, 2009.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

bingo. JVG had to force yao to get used to fighting for position. yao is ok stepping out to the high post. in fact when adelman first came here that's where yao spent some time, but it was rick who thought yao is better suited for the post.

futher more, i recall rick saying that there are no "system players" for him as there are "JVG players." and that he builds a system to best suit the players he has.

technically no one is a bad fit under rick adelman. players may not be a great fit with each other, but we're talking about yao ming here.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't trust any player's loyalty also.

I remember how loyal people thought Brand was

It would be very weird to see Yao in any other jersey though.

3. OlajuwonShake34

Yes, I'm sure we would rather trade a superstar player instead of firing a Coach who has only been coaching here for 2 years. :rolleyes:

4. tested911

tested911 Member

Why not on the HYPOTHETICAL question? If they Knew they could not resign Lebron and had to trade him to another team why wouldn't they trade a cash cow in Lebron for a cash cow in Yao + Artest? Who would they trade with? D'Wade?Bosh? Surely they can't pull in the money that Yao can.

5. STIX

STIX Member

I'm pretty sure Rick Adelman is an easier target to go.

Les Alexander knows better than to mess with his own wallet by getting rid of Yao.

6. droxford

droxford Member

CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE

title says "team may shop Yao this summer"

but article says, "The Rockets have shown no indication that they are open to trading Yao"

Don't be a turd, JoeBarelyCares

7. bloop

bloop Member

lock this up

there's no information here, just a SCOUT for an EC team making suppositions about the POSSIBILITY of talks

it's straight BS

IBTL

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You know Hakeem won his first chip around 30 and so did Oneal...so Yao...It's time! :D

Put em on your back and take no prisoners!

9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This is truly one of the funniest fake news items I've seen in a long time. Analogy:

10. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

Why would we trade yao? He brings in so much $ to the rockets, and despite whatever unutilization you think adelman is putting him in, he is still dominates every other center in the league. So who would you want to replace him? Draft Blake Griffin? No way

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

well that's a pretty pointless article

12. Gelu

Gelu Member

This is true, BUT jersey really can't bring you THAT much money
    Chinese fans do not have that much choices, only few channels available here for NBA.
    Basicly, there would be 4 to 5 games a week
    and AT LEAST 2 to 3 of them are on Rockets
    About 1 is on NETS, because YI
    Another one is selected top play, such like SPURS, LAKERS, CAV,CELTICS and so forth.

So stop saying the jersey thing bring more money than TV
    As a matter of fact, it is REALLY weird to see somebody playing in Kobe's jerseys.
    I caught sight of maybe twice, and none of them ended up good

PS. it's true NIKE make a lot money here, not REEBOK

You guys are lucky, to most of Chinese fans, when YAO would retire, so goes their NBA life.
    But you guys might probably have a life long NBA life, which is a good thing.

13. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Lol, that was great Will. Yao ain't goin' nowhere.

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

The likelihood of the Cavs trading Lebron is about as good as the likelihood of the Rockets trading Yao.

It's an impossible "Hypothetical" situation.

The Cavs want Lebron long term... period. He's a hometown boy who will likely be the next "Jordan". Those sort of people don't get traded, they get a huge payoff, which is the only way he will leave Cleveland. If someone else gives him that huge payoff.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've never liked Adelman's coaching style for this team...it never was a fit. JVG knew he had a team of individual talent and played to those strengths....Adelman's system hasn't worked here and T-mac and Yao have had problems fitting into the offense.

He just has the wrong personnel. I think JVG was the perfect coach for us - a defensive minded, brute force kind of guy. It's too bad JVG didn't have Scola, Landry, Lowry, Wafer, Artest, and Brooks during his tenure here.

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Cash cow will not be traded, especially with all the doom and gloom about the majority of the teams' finances.

I also wouldn't be surprised if McExpiring Contract was allowed to expire, instead of traded.

17. hokage5

hokage5 Member

The title is misleading

However I did think Yao was a better fit in JVG's system...

18. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

Yeah...like Les is going to allow all the international $ and viewers go away by shopping yao. As long as Yao is capable of putting up more than 20+ points then he shouldn't be going anywhere (unless he decides to).

19. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I'll believe Yao getting shopped around only when I hear that Yao was caught on video committing some act of violence or acting like Boston's latest acquisition, where he is driven from the team over dumb stuff.

20. Zfan

Zfan Member

I think SI is the No.1 sports magazine in America but I know I'm wrong now. This news is like a cheap rumour.
    SI is better to produce more swimming suit collections rather than making fake news.