1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shumpert for Faried being discussed?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>J.R. Smith is starting &amp; Iman Shumpert could be departing. I'm hearing Knicks-Nuggets continue to discuss an Iman for Kenneth Faried trade.</p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/statuses/400689949848399872">November 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edit: Article here: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...alking-shumpert-faried-swap-article-1.1515508

#1 Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Am I crazy or would that be an incredibly good trade for the Knicks? Has to be more to that.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nothing like another PF for the Knicks.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

C'mon now, can't we offer somebody better than Shump, to get Faried?

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

What a great deal for Knicks, if they get him

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Considering this is coming from a NYK reporter, I'd have to argue that this is probably agent or media manufactured.

This would be a TERRIBLE move for the Nuggets FWIW. Faried is a budding near all-star young big man. Shumpert & Smith.... and NO picks (because NYK have none to give) is a terrible move. (and I actually like Shumpert but really think he's an over-glorified version of Courtney Lee because of playing in NY).

If the Nuggets GM made this move, he'd be the laughing stock of the NBA. Hell... the Rockets trading Asik alone for Faried is a better deal. At least you know you are getting a player that is going to a franchise pillar as your defensive anchor and rebounder moving forward. Shumpert gives you a decent athletic wing defender, and Smith is a chucker reserved for a 6th man role on a short leash. You can get those two fairly easily in free agency, but Asik... those top defensive centers dont come cheap in free agency.

Im gonna call BS on this rumor for now until I see something more definitive from someone outside of NY.

-EDIT- I mistook the tweet. Saw that JR Smith isn't actually rumoured to be in the deal.... which surprisingly enough probably makes this deal worse in the talent they would be getting back in the deal, but maybe better off for Denver not taking a chucker back with a bad contract.

Still.... Iman for Faried.... GM's should be fired for even discussing a deal like that.

#6 dobro1229, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am not sure what quite to make of Faried, to be honest.

On one hand, he is incredibly good at what he does-- rebounding, running in transition and finishing around the basket-- and was a perfect fit in the role that he had with last year's Nuggets. On the other hand, he doesn't do much of anything else and perhaps won't look nearly as good on most other teams. Besides, while his skills are useful, it's perhaps not super hard to find a reasonable, and reasonably priced, facsimile for him. JJ Hicksion and Jordan Hill are two such examples.

Maybe he'll fit in next to Bargnani since Bargs can shoot and can't rebound, the exact opposite of Faried.

In any case, I'd imagine that Denver would be asking for other assets in addition to Shumpert.

8. Nook

Nook Member

I do not believe it. The report is coming from NY and a source notorious for throwing out one sided trades that benefit the Knicks. They are trying to sell papers and the Knicks are glad to leak BS rumors that put them in the spotlight.

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

both players are overrated and limited in what they can do

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

NY reporter but I do have to think that the Nuggets have to be panicking somewhat at this point.

11. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

Morey Please at least offer somthing for him

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please Morey!!!

12. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

If his contract weren't so BAD, I would say Rox get in on this but NOT for Fareid/Shumpert, but Stoudemire.

My reasoning:

Faried is a slasher player with no range and does alot of what Howard already does for us.

Stoudemire has NEVER been a defensive guy nor an exceptional boards guy more a an opportunity rebounder (biggest guy on the floor in a small lineup), but he has always been good at the midrange high post jumper. He is a stretch four.

The only reason to waver on this is his atrocious contract and his multiple surgeries.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its also a possibility that the Knicks are looking to move Shumpert but are trying to throw out a Faried trade as a value measurement to see if there are any counter bids.

If you want to test the trade market, I guess you start high in value instead of low. I dont really know why the Nuggets wouldn't look to make Faried part of their future anyways. Even with his warts as a well rounded player, he's still someone you at least TRY to extend. This isn't a Harden OKC situation where the Nuggets can't afford him or couldn't make moves to keep him if they had to overpay slightly.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Faired is so overrated on this forum.

15. conquistador#11

perfect move for the knicks, someone that doesn't take away from melo's shots and is very efficient when it comes to put backs and defensive rebounds.

16. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Nuggets would be smart to sell high on Faried. He's probably reached his ceiling or is near it now. He was SUPPOSED to be NBA ready coming out of college. He's pretty overrated now. Still a nice hustle player, but he's a terrible defender and offensively limited. I think they should hold out for more than Shumpert though.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Agreed, but he is a few cuts above Shumpert.

18. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Faried on this team would be awesome, Harden and Lin would just lob it up and the ball would already be in the basket. Good hustle guy, but they probably don't want Asik

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Just out of curiosity? Who do y'all think has turned into a better pro?

Kawhi Leonard or Faried

20. Asian Sensation

Faried would be a perfect match next to a finesse big man like Yao. On the Rockets with Howard he would be extremely redundant.

With that said there's always high value for a player like Faried. An all out hustler with athleticism that plays with reckless abandon in a good way. He's the guy that helps your team win and opposing teams hate playing against.