1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Show Gordon some love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedHotRockets01, Jul 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Do you really think a player in his right mind will pick our team over another because a few people decided to write nice things about them on twitter? If you are going to start on this path you might as well take him to a strip club and get him a few lap dances, cook him dinner at ur moms house, and shine his shoes.

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Twitter is cool... if you're a 14 year old girl.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

why don't we all start a donation fund? let's see if we can raise $100 MM to entice him to sign here as a bonus?

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

The fans will persuade him to sign here. Then he will be traded in two years after his backup outperforms him while he is injured.

5. ThaShark316_28

Reasons why this would get negative reaction:

1. Houston sports fans hate everything.
    2. See #1.

Folks out here would boo Santa Clause if Philly didn't do it first.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You'd be absolutely stunned if you knew the things athletes do (or don't do) because of even the possibility of social media attention, be it negative or positive. They wouldn't base the entire decision on it, but if you can put some warm fuzzies in them, why not? There's no downside to it.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Just explain the income tax situation to him Morey. That should be enough.

8. snc

snc Member

The best case scenario is actually what you described as your worst case. In fact, that's the only case scenario.

Off the top of my head we have tried this gimmick on Melo, Bosh, Asik and now Gordon. After a while it just seems desperate and pathetic. If he was able to make big or semi-big moves on his own maybe it would pump us up enough to care about the Twitter-verse, but as it stands it seems like this is his plan A.

I like Daryl, but there are so many more factors players take consideration when signing than #hastags.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's just ridiculous how desperate things have come to...

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

any expert photoshopper who can do a "sad clown" paintjob on his face complete with tears gets instant rep and endless props (sorry, all i can offer).

12. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

where did I say that? It definitely helps to know that the franchise has an awesome fan base. Of course it won't be the final decision to sign here, but it helps a lot to know he has great fans supporting if he was to join our team. I know we're all butt hurt over the chris bosh thing, but it still wouldn't kill to take 1 second out of your life to type in a measly tweet

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Oh my f****n Gawd, Cat. I finally agree with you on something.

This is the century of b****ness, everyone does it and no can refrain from it. :rolleyes:

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The players never read this ****, we all know that.

15. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

I guess all fans are pathetic then. every fan does this when their team is going after a marquee free agent. it's the nba, you try to get great players. gordon is a great player. how is this desperate.

16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Exactly! Can some1 please show me another GM who does this!? It comes off as desperate Daryl, can't you get this deal to happen on your own?? Shows you how bad he is at his job..

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I don't think anyone has ever denied that there are about a million factors players take more seriously than Twitter campaigns. Of course it's incredibly unlikely to "work", by itself. If any of you really thinks that Daryl considers this his "plan A", you should consider checking yourself into an insane asylum.

It's just a nice gesture, and players are aware of it. If it has even a 0.0000001% impact, the five seconds it takes to tweet or retweet something is well spent, especially given the context of all the time some of you spend b****ing and whining.

18. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Negative nancy's need to take their complaining somewhere else. Some of you fans give us true Rockets fans a bad name. So stop with the *in baby voice "it won't help, it won't matter, boo hoo, what does twitter have to do with anything, whaaaa"

And actually try to help out and try to follow the request of the guy who is doing his best to put a winning product on the field. Stop complaining and actively try to help.

And this applies to anything ever done in the world. If you want change. You gotta do it yourself. Help contribute.

If you don't got anything nice to say. Take it somewhere else... pathetic.

19. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Hey Gordon I saw that you were born on Christmas day. If you never want to play on your birthday come to Houston!!!!! #eg10houston

I would like to have him though

20. thino

thino Contributing Member

get what we can. don't want to get start like we always are in the previous seasons. gordon would be a great addition.