1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Should we trade Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I love Omer... He did great for us last year. That being said, he must go soon. It doesn't work. We have too many good players to stall like this consistently to begin games. I predict something in between Dec 15 and the New Year.

2. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

yes, trade howard for bosh. problem solved for both teams

LMA while holding onto Parsons, Harden, and Howard is pretty much the best case scenario

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

In the off-season I really didn't want to let Asik go, based on paper value.

Now that I've seen the actual value on the current team, I say "yes,..... please."

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Im not arguing, but I'm wondering if D-Mo goes 2 of 10 from 3 point range, would that still be considered efficient for this offense to spread the floor? I guess it all depends on if the defense is guarding him or not, but you have to think that even if he's shooting a low percentage from 3, he still is at the very least getting out of the way of drivers, and Dwight in the post (However on defense, he has opens up even more question marks).

I think the systemic problem here (and Morey can correct this problem at any point) is not completing the roster in the Summer time if the Rockets are supposedly "all in" this year as they say they are. Seems to me that Morey wants to have one-foot-in and one foot out with his ability to have cheap movable contracts, and young players he can play around with while still being able to sell a contender to the media and fans when he knows well that this team isn't complete by any stretch.

I want to be clear that I'm not arguing that it was the wrong move, maybe it is the right one to still be collecting tradable assets to wait for another trade, but you would have to think that there was SOME kind of deal or player that Morey could have had to round out this roster correctly this Summer.

If there is a master plan and Morey makes his final big move by the trade deadline that completes the team than fineā€¦ Im happy he was more patient than I am, but you can't honestly keep a straight face and tell me that anyone is surprised that early results are mixed, and EVERYONE is just sitting around waiting for Asik to get traded.

5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

His value is looking worse than it is because of the way that we are using him. He has no business ever being on the court with Howard unless we are up by a lot and even then only for 2-3 minute stretches. McHale continually starting him and spotting teams to being each half is beyond ridiculous. I almost turned off my tv when he put him back out there to start the 3rd quarter.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I truly believe Asik, is trying to force a trade...

T_Man

7. tadahito

tadahito Member

Tyson Chandler broke his leg. How about Asik for Iman Shumpert and filler? Shumpert is a 3 and D guy on the wing.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Trade this 7 foot dork

9. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

trade dmo and asik PLEASE!!!

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Asik played well and improved his game last year, but Dwight being here now just highlights how much worse Asik is.

My asking price for Asik is going down by the game.

11. omgTHEpotential

Something like Asik+D-Mo+Filler for LMA

If Portland doesn't bite, then Howard+D-Mo for LMA+Lopez.

12. Raven

Raven Member

Trade Asik for? It really does come down to the deal being suggested. I firmly believe the reason Asik is still here is because Morey can't get fair value for him, yet, and he's hoping the offers will improve once we get closer to the deadline.

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

would anyone be happy to dump asik for an expiring contract, for example butler?

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

If Morey has a deal on the table for Anderson or Ilyasova, he should just go ahead and pull the trigger, I think. Alternatively, we could trade for Millsap (who would have to OK the deal since it's pre-deadline, right?).

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Varejao? 14 and 14

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Our power forward and backup center situation would be the worst in the league. Also, Shumpert just isn't very good IMO.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I like Varejao but would he really be much better of a fit than Asik? He is more offensively skilled but he does not space the floor.

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

better than the lakers ;)

19. omgTHEpotential

Varejao's last 3 seasons by games played:
    2010/11 31
    2011/12 25
    2012/13 25

How is that a plausible trade idea?

20. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

We need Ryan Anderson / Ilysova / Lamarcus Aldridge or Kevin Love..
    Those are the only guys that can fit in our starting line up and help immediately..

The Ryan Anderson trade is most likely to happened..they want Asik..
    The Kevin Love trade is the least likely. Maybe they budge if we throw Parsons in.
    The Lamarcus Trade could happen but its gonna take him to force the trade to Houston.
    The Ilysova Trade won't happened Because The Bucks have no interest in Asik right now.