1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we trade Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 5, 2013.

1. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

Asik is just so bad.. it is really frustrating to watch him play. He has stone hands, horrible IQ and just looks like he is a dope all game.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Which is why I want to trade him while the team getting him can get his bird rights and about 2 years of play before dealing with his contract.

DD

3. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Idk but TT isnt working. At least dont start them together.

4. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Morey is so proud of his Asik acquisition than unloading him would hurt his pride.

Could have traded Asik over the summer for a real PF, but no. Asik was a Morey acquisition. He stays. While the Rockets lose with a 4 spot that's a joke.

The team is secondary to the man's ego.

5. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

Heaven is home....

I love your comment JESUS is the lord =)

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Funny post.

You seem to know nothing about Morey...this guy would trade his grandmother.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You are ten kinds of stupid. Stop posting.

8. dragician

dragician Member

no doubt he's on the block. the only thing is we should be trading up, not just get rid of him.

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

we need to trade him before his weaknesses are truly exposed.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

No. I feel any player we get back has to be able to play backup center or is a star. Millsap is neither, so no for me. I was fine with Josh Smith in the offseason because although not a center, Smith is a defensive beast. But with Millsap, we're soft as hell inside for the ~15mpg that Howard's off the court.

To me the optimal thing is to get Millsap and a Deke-type center together for Asik and spare parts. But I'm not sure where you find such a player. Morey tried with Camby and it failed.

11. torocan

torocan Member

I certainly hope you're trolling, otherwise you're showing a shocking ignorance of Morey.

Morey will literally trade anyone (and has done so before). There aren't a lot of GM's that will literally gut their entire roster for multiple consecutive seasons including solid players and fan favorites.

There's only 1 player left from 3 seasons ago, and that's Parsons. If Morey thought it would help the Rockets win, he'd trade anyone on the team, coaches and ball boys included.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

For the right deal yes.

The right deal hasn't come along

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm just wondering what mchale saw from end of last yr and into the preseason to think jones or d-mo wouldn't be a good option at 4? I thought jones played well enough to warrant the chance to start.I thought even d-mo showed promise.

14. Possum

Possum Member

Screw that trade harden. That was the worst effort I have ever seen by a supposed allstar. Pathetic!!!!

15. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i love asik!

...but his offensive game is C only. dwight has that spot locked down.

if you can get LA - you do it for the right price.

16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

i think the better question is not should we but when will we. it's just a matter of time. IMO 80% chance he's gone this year.

17. quatin

quatin Member

I think it's worth keeping Asik until the trade deadline, just to see him play with the 2nd unit. He may start with Howard for 5-6 minutes, but most of his playing time is with without Howard.

The biggest problem is the Rockets are still weak on defense. With Harden being lack luster on defense still, the burden falls more on the big guys to stop drives and defend the pick-n-roll. Last year, we had 3rd to last defensive efficiency without Asik on the floor. If we trade Asik, we need a good defensive player in return, which is almost redundant.

1 person likes this.
  18. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I think we should keep Asik and add a 9th man to the rotation (Dmo,TJones, or Gregory) to have more size download

19. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

you sir are an an utter stupid moron.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes, no doubt about it now the sooner the better.

DD