1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we trade Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 5, 2013.

1. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

2. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Member

I'd be thrilled if it worked out that way...but I don't think ATL accepts it straight up. Couldn't happen until Dec 15 anyway. I do think Millsap would be a fantastic fit.

3. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Don't trade him, just bring him off the bench.

4. loveofthegame44

I'm for keeping him unless you can get star 4/5 that can stretch the floor and back up dho. . Dwight is going to get into foul trouble having to go to Greg Smith would put us at a disadvantage(yes he played well last night). To be honest there aren't enough touches to go around for another star player. Especially how we play. I do think that if we continue to have bad starts we need to go with caspi as the 4 to start and make teams match up. I see alot of caspi drives turning into dho alleys if they make this change.

5. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

It's the 4th game of the year, December-January is a good time to start evaluating the roster fit. I personally think you never trade away talented bigs

6. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

I do think his days are numbered but it's too early to sell. Wait until trade deadline or the draft next year.

7. rocketsmetalspd

I rather wait and see how the team is doing mid December. IF the Asik and Dwight not working out then make a trade.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

At the very least, I think the team will give it until December 15, 2013 to see how things work. IIRC, around 200 of the NBA's roster spots are filled with guys who signed free agent deals this summer and are not eligible to be traded until December 15 (examples: Paul Millsap, Sam Dalembert, Josh Smith, Francisco Garcia, Aaron Brooks, and many others).

So, unless a "no brainer" possibility happens between now and then, the team will likely have to wait until December 15 to truly assess the market.

9. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

depends on what is available. Otherwise this has been covered in soooooo many other threads.

10. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Morey is an absolute fool if he doesn't trade Asik.

Rockets need a power forward NOW and the center Asik and small forward Casspi aren't it!

11. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

No, if D12 somehow picks up 3 quick fouls like last night. Turkey boy is the only chance of collecting the boards on D.

12. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

The stiff Asik vs. a true power forward like Blake Griffin becomes a comedy of errors and missed assignments on the court for the Rockets.

13. hector234

hector234 Member

No, way too early to even start thinking that

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think the major question really should be -

Are we done kidding ourselves here and are we ready to go ahead and start Casspi, and bring Asik off the bench???

-Is that going to really diminish Asik's trade value that much??? That's the big question. Trading Asik is a foregone conclusion if the right deal is there. If its not, than you just ride it out with Asik as your super-sub backup Center.

It was a valient effort by the coaches to try and make it work, but its obvious now that not only is the offense bad with the Twin Towers, and Howard is the main casualty offensively, but the defense is much, much worse than expected as well... its not going to work long term as expected.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Agree. Asik is worthless if he's not near the shadow of the board. If he had a nice jump shot- it would make a nice case to keep him.

We need Lamarcus Aldridge type player for Asik.

16. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Casspi has the body of a tennis player.

The small forward Casspi vs. a true power forward like Blake Griffin is absolute child abuse.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

Did you watch the game last night?

18. Play07

Play07 Member

yeah and thats not happening

19. Deniz

Deniz Member

YES
    - Rockets need a PF
    - Asik deserves to start

20. Tfor3