1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should We Tank?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Duncan McDonuts, Oct 25, 2015.

?

Should we tank?

1. Yes

85.8%
  2. No

14.2%
  1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yep...so we see a looong circle with both Franchises basically equal except one got to the superbowl and has a potential QB. I'm looking at the CYCLE coming full circle with all things relatively EQUAL...one team went to playoffs twice and the other to a superbowl...If I recall the Titans went to the playoffs at least twice also..one time they lost to the Ravens

2. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

the Texans are embarrassing this city, and the state of Texas! My GOD, TheY ARE SO BAD. Who is managing this wreck? Get rid of Him ASAP!

3. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

McNair Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud Adams was a way better owner. RIP Bud. RIP Texans.

4. what

what Member

Does this team even have a choice?

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Ya mean we aren't already? My bad!

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't want them to tank. I want them to keep trying and keep getting curb stomped. I want them to know how thoroughly they suck.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Rarely do I think that a coach should be fired after 1.5 seasons...but this team needs a complete house cleaning. Tank...select a QB...and hope you are bad enough to get Goff or any other QB is the flavor of the month...

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Maybe just a little ...

[​IMG]

9. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

When is all the Texans gear at Academy going to be 50% off?

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Is it tanking get when you're not good enough to win when trying?

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Should be able to load up on Bullock jerseys.

12. MONON

MONON Member

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We're wasting Watt's career just like we wasted Andre's. It's pathetic.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This whole thing needs to be nuked at this point. There doesn't seem to be any redeeming qualities about this franchise.

We have easily the best defensive player in the game, but what good is he if your D still sucks with him getting double and triple teamed. Hopkins is great, but no line to protect the QB, and no good QB even if he's getting protection. Tough break for Foster, but he was a 29 year old RB, he didn't have very much left anyway. We have no running game at all without him.

I really don't think tanking does any good. High picks or low picks doen't matter if the organization sucks. Good teams draft well regardless of position, bad teams don't. We need a new coach and GM, but none of us expect that to happen, McNair is happy with the status quo.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I just don't want to end up drafting after one of the few other teams who would also need a QB. And right now that's looking like KC, CLE, SF. (Ideally, it would be a whole new regime drafting in 2016, but ) I don't want BOB squeezing out some meaningless wins on the other bottom feeders in an attempt to end on a positive note, and end up missing out on the QB he wanted because he's picking at #8 instead of, say, #3.

He misses out on the QB he wants, and it would be a 3rd year where he's punting on the position that's supposed to be his expertise. He could get one in the 2nd round of course, but that would just mean extending the leash another ~year waiting for that guy to develop while we see Ben Savage under center.

16. dragician

dragician Member

Seriously, how many top picks we had before? yet no improvements....

17. Remii

Remii Member

O'Brien got to start his career off with a number #1 pick in the draft with multiple quarter back possibilities... There may not be any choice but to tank but is there "THAT PLAYER" worth tanking for in the upcoming draft...?

The Texans need a good strong free agent off season.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yes, we should definitely start trying to lose games now.

By the same logic, I also think the patriots and packers should start thinking about trying to make the playoffs.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Bortles and Carr are showing promise,but so is Clowney.

He could potentially become dominant much like Watt and when coached right create a competitive team for next ten years.

20. Remii

Remii Member

Clowney just got his 1st sack of his career yesterday... I think you may be jumping the gun comparing him to J.J.

But I'm one to believe if O'Brien had complete control, he would have drafted Bortles.