1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we take Harden back in 2 years?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Mar 4, 2021.

?

Would you take Harden back in 2 years?

1. Absolutely

81 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. Hell No

50 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. Depends on How Much He Wants

34 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. vick

vick Member

Would you take back your ex wife that cheated on you. Not me.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I actually don't think Harden is a bad guy. I don't have Harden hate the same way everyone else does. He gave 8 years and about 6 of them he single handily dragged the teams into the playoffs. He showed up night in and night out playing through injury, which I don't actually agree that he should have if he wasn't 100%.

I fully believe he gave the front office full notice before the season started and he noticed they weren't acting on it. He came in with the covid stuff to force their hand and let them know how serious he was. When he did get here he probably though he got his point across so he would act straight to give them time to do something about it. He was fully engaged and playing well. He then noticed that wasn't good because the Rockets were saying stuff like "we are prepared to get uncomfortable". He then realize that acting right would just deincentivize the Rockets even trying to move him so he had to force his hand again.

I guess the thing you could put hate on him for is the Westbrook trade but I think he was blinded by friendship to know just how bad Westbrook is and that deal was. Also the front office was thinking to match age with Harden and that Westbrook might be less injury prone than CP3. This was before Cp3 changed his diet and went super healthy, he was an aging player whos contract was seen at a negative value.

He still talks great about Houston and is trying to be apart of the community. It sucks that he felt that he needed to move on but I think if anyone here is to blame it is Rockets front office for not taking him seriously and trying to move him before the season even started so we could have a more solid direction to go in instead of a half season.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you sure about that?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup. Like i said if you want to bet. That goes for anyone else. I’ve said that since the nets got harden

5. REEKO_HTOWN

$100?

who wants to make the account?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Make what account. It’s a tip jar bet. It’s on your honesty. If people really back out of not paying for clutch’s site, that says more about the poster than anything. In the end, it benefits clutch no matter who is right

7. REEKO_HTOWN

ok, i'm down with that.

Harden has to win finals MVP or what?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nope. It clearly says ring=Championship. You trying to alter things now

9. REEKO_HTOWN

AS THE BEST PLAYER.

That's what you said.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

And? So when iggy won finals mvp that must mean he’s GS’s best player huh

foh with this going around the point of he’s going to win a ring. Either bet it or quit wasting my time

HP3 likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

It was just a question. I still don't think Harden wins a ring as the best player and it will be obvious. He bet is one. Bookmarked.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yawn. So are you betting they win a title or not. Your next response will determine if I need to
    Confirm or not. If you get no reply, you’re a waste of time

HP3 likes this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

If the bet is the Nets will win a ring then sure I'll give money to Clutch. They're about to sign Drummond and Blake Griffin.

you said Harden is clearly their best player. Admit that's not true and we got a bet.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

This best player thing is stupid. No matter what happens you clearly aren’t going to say harden is the best player. I don’t need to admit anything because I’m right

Obviously there’s no bet. You’re too scared and do nothing but stall for a measly $100. No further replies from me.

HP3 likes this.
  15. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Of course we take him back. If that was the plan by him, then it was smart. Also, Brooklyn will love him if he gets them a ring, so there will be no hard feelings. Just like Lebron going to MIami and then coming back to Kyrie and the No.1 pick, it's the best way to get a big 3.

If the Rockets can secure a superstar and a top pick, then I think he wants to bring Houston a ring, especially if he is the hands down best player on the team. Now, what would be really nice is signs for the vet minimum for 1 season. I know it would never happen but I think it's odd that players that have 400 million in the bank wouldn't want to retire with 30 million less and a ring.

I'd bet right now Yao wishes he could go back in time and do 1 season at the vet min. I think he would be happier fulfilling his life long dream and having 100 million in the bank, then 120 million and no rings.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope.

DD

HoustonWest likes this.
  17. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

LoL I personally am with you, by heart. Harden's antics and exit were almost as bad as McGrady's (side note: JVG was an absolute clown (what else is new) for bemoaning on national TV that McGrady's jersey isn't retired. The day McGrady has his jersey retired is the day I genuinely will reconsider my fandom).

However I will say my brain says if Harden elevates his game (unlikely) and turns into almost LeBron, then I think you and I would want Harden back on the team, particularly if the next couple of seasons end up looking as wholly uncompetitive as the last ~15 games this season.

In such a hypothetical, hopefully Wood or Porter (or another top-3 draft pick) pan out and become the main "star", with Grandpa Harden serving as a facilitator rather than dribble, dribble, dribble step back stagnation.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

he didn’t and he isn’t.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

They loss obviously due to their injuries which was the only thing that was stopping them. I still believe he gets one there

20. REEKO_HTOWN

I don’t. The bet can continue