1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

should we take 3rd seed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bingfei236, Apr 13, 2008.

1. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

If we win tonight game, we very much end up with 3rd. to me both Sun and Spur are bad match for us, gosh, this year west just too crazy.

we all need to go for shopping in Golden State, 80% off for Houston fans only for one day!

2. Erichstolz

Erichstolz Member

yea im not sure about this whole thing now. We are currently #3 seed. Which would give us a pheonix matchup...but if we win more and NO loses then we would get a Dallas matchup....jeez, its like pick your poison. I kind of want to just go back to #5 seed cuz i think the Jazz would give us the best chance of winning....Unless we can win out and LA loses out then we could get #1 and get a Denver/Golden State matchup...man this whole West Conference thing is crazy!

3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I want 1st, 2nd, or 5th. I don't really want the 3rd... but I believe we CAN beat the Spurs or Suns.

4. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

the problem is we don't have any choice, if we lost next 2 games, we could lost home-court vs Jazz

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Forget the three seed. If we win out, we'd be #1 or #2. See the magic number thread for the explanation.

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

... That means we DO have a choice. Just don't lose anymore games.

7. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Denver tonight will be huge.

Utah game is no joke either.

8. Erichstolz

Erichstolz Member

ok...lets do this.

for #1 seed. Win out, or win 2, and LA lose their last game against Sac.

For #2 Seed. NO has to lose out and we win at least 1, or NO loses one, and we win 2.

I know the #1 seed thing is right....but #2 and #3 is where it gets confusing...i think im right for #2

9. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

i confuse about the seeding, and i'am sure i am not only one, at this moment,

by my understanding, we never get 1st, if we ends up with same record by NO AND LA, because we are not division-winner, which means, the best seed we get is 3rd.

still not choice to me.

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

We just need to take care of business and win our final three games for the Number 1 seed.

11. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

i just read espn LA game recap, yes, if we do win out, we will get 1st, which make me feel funny.

how can we not a division-winner to be 1st?

12. poprocks

poprocks Member

Better Record.

13. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

i guest NBA has never thought that would happen.

14. Erichstolz

Erichstolz Member

if we have a better record than NO....we are division winners

15. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

ESPN is still getting it wrong. In a three team tie break, we are first, but it's LA #2, and Hornets #3. They keep saying it's Houston, New Orleans, Los Angeles.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

In all possibilities, yes. Utah has the highest pt differential in the league, plus they cheat at home. That means they would only need to beat us once at our place, yet again. The odds of Utah winning two rounds are pretty good. Our game against Phoenix showed how we can beat them: by shutting down their entire perimeter offense and exploiting their weak interior defense (yes Amare is a bad defender, and Shaq isn't half what he used to be on that end either).

I would rather have Phoenix than Utah, and I would MUCH MUCH rather have Dallas than either of the two. The possibility of getting the 1 seed is extremely remote, but yes you would have to say that every we win we get is going in the right direction. Dallas is the team I'd be gunning for at this point, they do not have nearly the same chemistry as the other teams ahead of them, and everyone would be picking them as the favorites to win against us (well that wouldn't change no matter who we faced huh) but in actuality our best chance to upset someone would be against them.

The great thing about the Rockets is no matter what seed they get, from 1 to 5, they will be the underdog in their matchup, kinda like how Calipari managed to convince his team they were dogs in every game despite being a 1 seed, favored by Vegas in every single game this year, and only losing one game up until the final. Well, maybe not that bad.

17. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

that is why i said the rules are confused.

check it out, isn't that wired for hornets, they will be under us and at the same time they are the division winner, and even more wired, we don't have homecourt if we meet them.

NBA need to fix this, too funny

18. 99bb

99bb Member

SA don't want to play PHO in the Playoffs and it is the reason why they lost to Lakers.

The only way for SA to avoid facing Pho is to keep losing. At 5th, they will play Utah and at 6th, they will play Rockets.

We are at a dilemma. If we win all 3 games left, we may have a slim chance to be No. 1 seed. However, very likely, we will end up to be the 3rd seed.
    If we lose all 3 games left, we may end up to be 6th but not 5th. :rolleyes:

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

looks like the rockets are saying no to the 3rd seed the way they are playing tonight

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Rockets seem to want Utah real bad.