1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we send a message to the NBA Saturday night?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jake Stewart, Jan 17, 2018.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Buy me enough beers and I’ll blake griffin a ref myself

hakeem94 and Houstunna like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I bet we'll be the first? Has it happened yet this season?

Any way, my guess is GSW will sit two of their players, they always do this, they don't want to give us a chance at beating them short-handed while they are all healthy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

But you can avoid a fine by just playing them a few minutes of the 1st and then let them have the rest of the night off.

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great call. I'm dine.

A couple Rockets could use the rest anyways.

5. dlite316

dlite316 Member

In addition to resting our starters, all fans just do not show up for the warriors game

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I understand that fans will be disappointed and feel cheated if we rest healthy players ...

Maybe we can comp them .

1 free beer for anyone wearing a rockets jersey .

Do cheap beers before tipoff too .

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I agree if you do this in Golden State not here in Houston

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s not nearly enough compensation

GS is the most expensive ticket of the season...I would be PISSED if the Rockets ever pulled this sh*t

no fan would be cool paying all that money to watch some bench scrubs get massacred

I wouldn’t even watch the entire game at home if the Rockets did this. Now Imagine paying for a ticket, parking, and food/drinks. Hell no, y’all are crazy.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Fans should be refunded half their ticket price -- and receive a free beer/drink/hotdog. Free parking.

Rockets need to send a message to the league.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wouldn't want to see it, but I wouldn't be mad if it happened.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

look , it's gonna piss people off .

When the Spurs did this a few years ago I'm sure it pissed people off . But , I'm also sure they don't regret it and their fans don't regret being healthier for the playoffs because of it .

are you cool with it if the rockets pull this on the road ?

12. BigTex

BigTex Member

Wouldn't be surprised for Warriors to rest players. Kerr has done it many times. Plus anyone they sit Saturday will get six days of rest

DonKnock and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s the only way I’d be cool with it

go on Flashseats or Seatgeek and see what these tickets are going for...upper bowl tickets are going for at least $100 before fees...lower bowl tickets for at least $200...then there’s the cost of parking and food/drinks

like I said, I probably wouldn’t even watch more than 1 quarter of scrubs vs GS at home for free...I damn sure ain’t paying hundreds of dollars to see it

All of y’all campaigning for this aren’t going to the game which is why it’s no problem for y’all.

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I go to every game .

I'm in a different position than most , I don't have to pick a single or two games to go to the entire season .

I understand that it's selfish of me to want this and that most fans at the game are getting screwed .

Still , scrubs can play well , They can play hard , they can play physical .

Part of the reason the price is so high for that game is all of the GS fanboys are going to go .

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

They should do it in other ways, sitting guys won’t do ****. Refuse to play the game at all, how about that..nobody will **** with the NBA like that though, people care about their money, contracts and image too much. I’d love if my Rockets were the ones to become the villain and expose the league. Won’t happen though

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets would just be giving the middle finger to every fan that bought a ticket

scrubs can play well, but I’m not spending hundreds of dollars and driving down to TC to find out...

And you’re talking about 1 free beer and cheaper beer pre-game as compensation for paying hundreds to watch scrubs get killed? That would just tell me that the Rockets don’t give a fck about the fans.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yeah, why not. F this league.

18. rockets13champs

We can’t illegal to rest with out medical reason. U can get thrown major fines

19. ApuN

ApuN Member

Its going to be a blowout. You'll probably be leaving early anyway.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That was just a suggestion for compensation. I'm not saying it's adequate . I'm fine if the rockets want to do more , I'm fine if they want to do less .

It sucks to **** your fans over , but , in a way, taking it up the ass from the NBA while lying down .... Is also ****ing over your fans .

I prefer ****ing fans for one game than continually getting raped by the league and being treated as a second class franchise .

If players came up our lockeroom after the game I guarantee there would be no suspension .

When refs get calls wrong that **** us , we don't even get an apology