1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we persue Ndudi Ebi?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sir Geving, May 15, 2003.

1. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Hey he does!! KOOL!

2. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Also if we draft him people would like it but if he doesnt do good people will also start talkin BAD about him! Like that dude said A LA EDDIE!!

3. OUTITAN

OUTITAN Member

I'd rather not start bashing my home town's rep for supporting its teams and players. The golden days of Love ya blue and rabid Rockets fans are gone. Stadium issues with all three of its major pro teams, the Oilers moving, fans booing at the first mistake they see. No matter how frustrated a fan should never boo, that just sucks the energy right out of your team.

I'm not saying everyone is to blame so don't let it offend you if you don't feel you are. I just get a little sadder every time I talk sports with the Houston 'faithfull'. Its not like I live there anymore so maybe the things I read and what I see and hear on the tube are just bad examples. Just let it go.

4. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

LOL!!

5. Hoop8486

Hoop8486 Member

i bet we pull a rashard lewis and pass on him, then look back and kick ourselves.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Fegwu:- Thanks a lot I never heard of him prior to being mentioned on these pages. So hes an American and sounds like he could be quite a prospect!
    Most appreciated. Yetti.

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

8. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Hey, is that FABOLOUS!

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Rashard Lewis part 2, if the Rockets pass up on him.

2nd round picks were made for picks like Ebi. The odds of us finding an instant impact guy in the 2nd round are slim to none. Might as well use it on a guy with a few nice tools. Ebi doesn't have to be a monster, because he is mainly a SF, imo. Ebi reminds me of a less athletic KG. But he's not a bad athlete by any stretch.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The thing is, if Ebi see his stock tumble to the bottom 1st or early 2nd, he'll probably go back to school. Going to Zona might actually be the best thing for him. If you think Nachbar had a hard time playing, think of Ebi not playing at all.

11. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

You are right. Olowokandi is a Nigerian-Briton. My point was that America is a great nation and the most diverse. I suspected you were being sarcastic earlier about the Ethiopia things but I know you know that one's names, accent or color can not tell you much these days as far as nationality is concerned.

I am sorry if I can accross negatively but please understand that there is no hard feelings.

:)

12. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I saw him play 3 games this season. I saw the semi and final championship games that he won. He looked impressive in those but looked horrible in the other regular season game I saw.

What concerns me is he played against a bunch of chumps in a crappy high school league. I couldn't believe the team he played against in the championships.

He needs a good year or two at Arizona.

13. wiredog

wiredog Member

That kid is freakin' skinny!! You thought Yao needed to bulk up, this guy makes Shawn Bradley look like Schwarzenneger. He'll get banged up too much. Did anyone see that video of him screaming into the camera after a dunk? Man, this guy is ugly!!

14. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I honestly can't remember him shooting a jumper in any of the games I saw him play. He did hit most of his free throws though.

15. Jauquinsux

Jauquinsux Member

I've played against Ebi the past 2 years in a Private School Tournament. The guy had like 6 dunks against us. Our team was a bunch of white guys. He stepped up in the finals agaisnt Von Wafer's team. (Another McDonalds All-American) No doubt the guy can play but he wasnt overwhlemingly dominating in either of those games on offense. He is a beast on defense. He goes after anything near the rim. I remember one of my teammates going up for a layup and hey took it out of the air with both hands. He must have really impressed at those Camps because I dont think he's ready. He's a stick! barely 200 lbs. With a decent handle and pull up jumper the sky is the limit for him.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

no HS kid is gonna get us to the playoffs......

.....ok maybe 1, but we will not get him.

17. sydmill

sydmill Member

the argument here should be: do we want to trade up into the late 1st (most likely) to get a player who might be able to play (as in just step on the floor) in 2 seasons? i for one don't see why we wouldn't want to get a Gerald Wallace type athlete and use him the same way Sacramento did his first 2 seasons. when you have the chance to get somebody as good as many say Ebi is for small potatoes you have to do it. if his stock rises much you can probably forget it, but at the very least it would be good pr

18. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

I agree. I think Ebi could be great as a spark off the bench in his first years. And I believe that he can blossom into a star. So I definetly think we should swing a deal to get this guy.