1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we move Francis ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Barkley, Nov 5, 2007.

Tags:
?

Should we move Francis?

1. Hell NO!

68 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. Yes

11 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Only if we get better player instead

64 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. Barkley

Barkley Member

First of all, I'm not Francis-hater. :D

Man, I was thinkin' about Francis and his role to the team. I really tought we would play. I still think he can help us a lot, especially with his agressivness, potential and abillity to take to the rim.

But damn he's not even a part of the rotation, so he's not gonna play. It's sad not only for fans but especially for him. He tought he could help this team. But every player wants to play, no matter who it is.

So now guys I'm askin' you. Should we trade Francis?

I think we still need size and maybe Francis would be able to play in another NBA team?

What do you think?

2. us_marine007

us_marine007 Member

yeah i agree with you, i really appreciate his heart and how he chosed the rockets over dallas/miami/clippers etc... but i think we should move him to a team where he has a chance to play... hopefully he can show the world why he's better than rafer...

3. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Too premature for that. Like Fran Blinebury said on his live chat right now on www.chron.com/sports, Stevie "FrenchFries" will get his chance.

4. H-town_playa2k2

I say not. Oh wait!!!! maybe we can trade him to the lakers, so he can comeback and abuse MJ and RA when we play them again, while Kobe murders T-Mac all game NA JK. :) They better not trade him :mad: .

5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

francis is not a true point guard, the rockets motion offense favor cutters who are 6'6'' and taller so he should go to like clippers, atlanta...

maybe even packaged up for kobe bryant

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

We can't move him because of league rules right now and if he's not playing and the word is out that he's out of shape, we won't get anything worthwhile for him.

7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

yeah i wouldn't mind seeing mcgrady + francis for KB24

MCGRADY IS THE BLACK VERSION OF LARRY BIRD...NOTHING BUT JUMP SHOTS

8. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

wtf, it's been 3 games into an 82 game season.

James>Francis

so what he needs to do is get in shape and take Head's minutes and when he does get on the floor play well and maybe take some of Alston's minutes because he aint taking any time away from Mike James

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I don't hate Francis either, but if he's not going to be part of the plans then we should get rid of him before he's considered completely useless.

I was messing around with the realgm trade checker last night and came up with a trade I'd be ok with...

Rockets get
    Chris Mihm (Lakers)
    Maurice Evans (Lakers)

Lakers get
    Jermaine O'Neal (Pacers)
    Steve Francis (Rockets)

Pacers get
    Kirk Snyder (Rockets)
    Brian Cook (Lakers)
    Lamar Odom (Lakers)

I could see all 3 teams going for that deal for one reason or another. In terms of the Rockets, they would acquire a legit 7 footer in Mihm to bolster the center position and they acquire a guy (Evans) who is similar to Snyder but with a brain. Not to mention Evans is an expiring contract and Mihm only has a year remaining.

Oh yeah, I'm bored. Plus nothing can happen until December 15th, when Francis' trade restriction dissolves.

10. Barkley

Barkley Member

I think you're wrong. See his last 3 games.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think after 3 games it's way too early to tell. Let's do this poll after November is done, at the earliest.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think we should for a few reasons.

Its still early in the season with a brand new coach and I believe as things shake out we will need Francis as the season progresses.

Francis has made a commitment to play here and might not want to play somewhere else.

If Francis does play somewhere else in the Western Conference he might make it his business to take it out on us. My nightmare is a fired up Francis dropping 40+ on us.

13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

well i guess i was refering to his playoff performance

TMAC HAS A LOT TO PROVE IN MY BOOK...

14. Barkley

Barkley Member

I tought every Rockets' player sucked in the playoffs... :rolleyes:

15. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

There's no reason to trade him this early. I'm a HUGE Steve Francis fan--a fanatic...BUT, if he really did come to camp and start the season a little out of shape, I say it's his own fault. I hope he gets in shape, catches a break, and gets time in the rotation. Honestly I've been really, REALLY disappointed that he hasn't played yet and especially frustrated that he's not in the rotation. He's half the reason I bought the NBA League pass. But again, if he didn't come in shape, it's largely his fault. Regardless, it's way too early to trade him.

16. mms

mms Member

This makes Fakers a contender and Morey definitely doesnt love it.

17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

i'm hoping that he feels confident enough to drop 40+ come playoff time since he's proved that he can do it against the jazz the other day

18. WNBA

WNBA Member

We trading him is better than SF asking for a trade.

Yes, trade him.

19. javashot

javashot Member

Francis has no value. He is pretty much as good as it gets for his value. Keep Francis we will need him when adapts to our team

20. poprocks

poprocks Member

If 20-30 games in and Franchise still hasn't cracked the rotation, then I say move him to the Clippers and let him have a chance at playing instead of rotting on the bench. He's too talented to let waste away if he doesn't fit into Adelman's system.