1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we lose the next game or two?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aznoob, Apr 11, 2009.

?

Should we lose a game or two?

1. YES! Lose both games, so the Jazz stay 8th!

32 vote(s)
    12.7%
  2. Yes, but only lose one of the two games.

33 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. Heck no! Bring on whoever in the playoffs. We can beat them.

187 vote(s)
    74.2%
  1. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Should we lose the next game or two, to help solidfy the Jazz's being the eighth spot?

We face both NOLA and Dallas next, both of whom are 6th and 7th seed, respectively. If we lose to either NOLA or Dallas, or both, we will have a hand in making the Jazz face the Lakers in the 1st round.

What do you guys think? Would you be comfortable losing, in order to not see the Jazz in the playoffs?

2. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

what?? are you serious?!?!

we are in a heated race for the 3rd spot.. and you want the rockets to lose the next 2 games? for what? to get the 4th, quite possibly the 5th [with no HCA]

prepared to be flamed man.

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Sounds like a great idea! We can lose homecourt advantage and lineup a 2nd round matchup against the Lakers!

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

No......... way..... :mad:

5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

If we get out of the second round. :rolleyes:

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We have to win and forget about the Jazz. If we end up at 3 and them up at 6,so be it.

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

dont bash the OP he is bringing up an interesting point. i will be laughing if we win out and meet the jazz in the first round.

8. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Jeez, guys.

I'm not implying anything, haha.

Strategy plays a VERY big part in these next two games. Don't let pride get in the way.

9. wang69

wang69 Member

you have to believe that good karma would be rewarded by the basketball gods. it would be a hard one to swallow if you lose on purpose just to avoid the jazz and then lose to a non-jazz opponent in the first round.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It's not pride... It's called winning to get HCA. There's no reason to lose, and obviously the Rockets wont even try to lose.

11. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Getting HCA more important than avoiding Jazz

Heck Jazz are so bad on the road I wouldn't mind playing them with HCA

12. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Member

Absolutely NOT!

13. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

but we can rest our starters, which isn't necessarily the same as intentionally losing.

If the race wasn't so close where we could potentially drop to the 5th seed, then I'd wouldn't mind losing our next couple of games to see the Jazz locked at the 8th seed. But I'd rather favor our homecourt advantage.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

We have to win in NO to get the tie breaker over SA. Then, after that game we'll see how things look but Monday's game is a must win.

I'm not completely opposed to losing a game but not the NO game. However, depending on standings and matchups the last game is up for debate.

Le'ts not forget, if we drop to 4/5 our reward for getting out of the first round will be playing the Lakers. I would rather not do that 'til the WCF.

15. lalala902102001

Hell no!

Home court is the most important thing at this point. Not facing the Lakers in a potential second round matchup is the second important thing. If we win out we achieve both.

16. ibm

ibm Member

heck no. #2 seed > #3 > #4 > #5, no matter whom we play in the first round.

17. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Our best seed is 3rd seed, right?

Because 1-8 faces 4-5, and 2-7 faces 3-6?

18. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

why would we do this? the immediate goal is to win a playoff series, and based on the discrepancy in our home and road records, we need the home court advantage. look how soundly we beat the blazers and magic, two very good teams, on our home court.

19. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Ha, sounds like everyone is almost on the same page. Bring it on!

I hope we get the number 2 seed.

20. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I don't care what anyone says -- avoid Jazz at ALL COSTS.

It's a mental thing imo. We can beat them in the 2nd round if it comes to that.

MONKEY OFF THE BACK. After the Mavericks finally beat the Spurs in 2006, look at their 2007 NBA season (the regular part :D ).

I want Hornets and Mavericks to win all out.

"That's not the mentality of a championship team!!!"
    "That's loser talk!!!"

There's something in the NBA we call match-ups. Some teams do very well against others. That is why the Heat beat the Mavericks (no way they beat the Spurs in the 2006 NBA Finals) and that is why the Warriors beat the Mavericks.

Match-up problems/benefits do exist in the NBA. The Jazz can neutralize Yao way too easy. They are a big team.

Ideal match-ups:
    1) Hornets
    2) Blazers
    3) Nuggets
    4) Mavericks
    5) Spurs
    6) Jazz
    7) Lakers