1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we just say screw it and try to let Harden average 40?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Hey there’s some them “facts” those emo haters don’t like.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What's wrong with posters here? You honestly think I'm a GSW fan? I've been a secret agent since 2010 or something?

Of course if a team wins 73 games and winsa ring, teammates have to step up also. I didn't say Curry did a Allen Iversonesque carry job with scrub personnel. He was definitely the leader of that team and by far their best player though.

Just like if the Rockets win a ringz guys like Gordon and Westbrook or in past years, CP3 would step up.

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

So depend on one player to have 40 pt games every night? Seems legit.

bmelo likes this.
  4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Its the Habits that matter in the long run. Dude the Rockets are giving up an average of 125 points a game are you happy with the effort on defense? We don't need a trade we just need guys to buy in about winning. To do that James has to play better on defense. You think P.J. Tucker likes guarding the hardest man on the floor and hustling the entire game but others decide that they are to good to do the same.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah with the way Morey built the team and MDA coaching them

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

So you are saying that if the Rox will hit their open shots that will some how stop the other team from scoring? Go look up the word idiot you might find it is staring you in the mirror

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

My point is they are not doing it. the role players are not good enough to do it. Everything from idiots like you on this site is about rebuttal without context. reply after reply from a person who didnt listen to the person they are replying too. Either that or you are ignoring context altogther so you can answer the way you wanted by pretending I said something I did not say.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

when you keep on harping harden should put his hands up you mean contest shots right? based on your eye test closely watching hardens defense this year, where do you think harden ranks in contesting shots this year among the rockets players? and among nba guards?

#68 vlaurelio, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    SF3isBack!! and hakeem94 like this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

correct that's all I am saying he is better in the post with challenging the bigs than he is with the guards. He ain't the worst he might be middle of the pack in the league but Its the way he does it not the amount. Teams are sending the Scrubs against James because th For us to win Harden has to demand maximum effort from everybody he is the man. He is doing extraordinary with what he does but he has to demand needs more effort from the team. He has got to lead that message.

10. vlaurelio

hes 5th in the league among guards

is that clear enough message for you? LOL

first yoyu said harden doesnt raise is hands up like curry

I show you a stat for contested shots and hes 5th in the league among guards

a contest is a contest

D-rock and Blurr#7 like this.
  11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I'm disappointed. You do realize that the same stats show that James' Harden defensive impact is superior to Kawhi Leonard and in fact superior to the All Defensive first AND second teams from last year oh and Curry too. So youre right the numbers are on your side I acquiesce.

D-rock likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

I mean I thought you said he's the worst defender on the team?

moving goal posts

stop hating

D-rock and Blurr#7 like this.
  13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

It already happened last year, am I saying it’s the optional route or course not. Harden even admitted it, until Gordon and the rest of the squad can hit an open shot and get the rotations right it may be our only shot.

vlaurelio likes this.
  14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

yep Like you were saying James according to the numbers is actually an elite defender

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

hE iS aRoUnD tHe GaMe FoR tOo LoNg... i guess longer than R.Jefferson or Gary Payton

16. vlaurelio

No i showed facts that he is actually contesting shots

Contrary to what you been whining about

D-rock likes this.
  17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

If Harden did average 40, would he win MVP?

I would tend to think 'yes', but stranger things....

D-rock and BamBam like this.
  18. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

The main issue is we have several that aren't scared to shoot on this team even when they are missing consistently...I mean Eric Gordon has been doing the same crap.

19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

If you call those facts. Like I said earlier I looked at the facts a little deeper and the number show James to be equal or better to the elite defenders in the league in harmony with what you are saying. However, Its hard to believe with the eye test that James is head over heels better than Kawhi defensively but that's exactly what the numbers show factually. That is if you agree with those facts. I can tell you this I believe james is the best scoring guard of this era by far the numbers and the eye test show that. But for now defending his man I just have trouble with this version of James being better than P.J. Tucker let alone some others.

20. vlaurelio

LOL yes a contested shot is contested shot

are you saying I just made them up?

bj3175 likes this.