1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we claim Markeiff Morris off Waivers ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Feb 22, 2020.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Great to second guess the KL non-pick. Many did. No one, N O. O N E, projected his uh, projectory.

D-rock likes this.
  2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Is it a big threat for Houston?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah nobody knew he would be a superstar but Kawhi was the consensus talent on the board look at the mock drafts most of them had Kawhi before baby Melo Morris. Clutch also made draft articles iirc he def had Kawhi going to the Rockets.

Morey's philosophy at the time was "I'd rather have the one with more upside even if he has 99% bust rate" that's why he picked baby Melo and that's why it backfired. After that he wasted so much time going after lotto busts guys like Thabeet, Jordan Hill, Terrence Williams, Thomas Robinson and a couple others I prob forgot. I didnt agree with it then I dont agree with it now the team wasted so much resources going for those busts and the Rox had nothing to show for it in fact they lost the productive guys they had like Patterson and Morris.

#63 roslolian, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    kjayp likes this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Perimeter defense is critical for our system to work too.

DeBeards and eliefor3 like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Did you read the first part of my post? Morris can reunite with his bro anytime he wants they are millionaires they can fly all over the country. It doesnt change he got traded for a 2nd round pick and to open up a slot for Thomas Robinson that would seem a massive disrespect. If you're not gonna take random person on the internet's word for it why'd you bother asking a question on an internet forum? Are you expecting a known person like Morris himself to answer your question?

Here is Morris cheering for Rondo when he punched Cp3, then a Rocket:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutch...rris-crazy-reaction-lakers-rockets-fight/amp/

Wonder why Morris would go out of his way to tweet about somebody fighting somebody else who isnt even on his team?

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

He doesnt want to play for the Rockets and would be a malcontent dragging the team down if they get him.

Morris twins have great talent and could play well if motivated but you know from their past behavior they are very emotional and not exactly professional. If they are disgruntled they can be extremely toxic on the team so Rox did good not messing with that crap.

johnnyvo1 and D-rock like this.
  8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

doesn't matter what he wants. If the rockets wanted him, they could just claim him

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

that is "Marcus" Morris

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he is actually a good player, deadly from three, good defender

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

LA got him, the rich get richer.

12. magichat281

magichat281 Member

i think we clearing it by 5 mil right now i believe.

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

unfortunately we missed out but we should have struck him. Not sure if this will be our final roster or we will go after someone else

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Did you read any of my post?

and yeah sure, being able to fly to meet up in your freetime is the same as playing, practicing, traveling and living together with someone you’ve been with your whole life.

Also never mind not having seen or heard one bit of info of him not liking being traded there and actually saying the opposite.

yeah I guess we can just take the word of some random internet dude and your supposition that doesn’t even make sense. As if he cared what he was traded for.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

So you claim a player that doesn't want to play for you. Then what? Sit him? Piss off his agents, who may represent other players you may want in the future?

roslolian likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah and they're close if Marcus Morris hates the Rox what so you think his bro thinks about that?

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes I did don't ask questions if you don't want answers duh.

I'm not saying take my word for it I'm saying Markief already indicated he wants to sign with the Lakers. I'm saying Markief will be a lot closer to his bro in LA than in Houston. You are arguing with yourself if you really feel that Morris twins need to be together at all times then obv Markief would want to join the Lakers and would resent Houston if they claimed him and ruined his plans for a reunion with his twin. Regardless how Marcus really feels about the Rockets the fact is Markief likes the Lakers over the Rockets as a team to sign with so all your arguments and protestations are null and void.

#78 roslolian, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  18. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

D-rock likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao @ kenyon martin. hes a nobody