1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we boo Derek Fisher at his first game as a Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by geegee1337, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Dragic can't play 48 minutes

2. Qball

Qball Member

I would add Boozer, Dirk, and Pippen.

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I do not think he'll suit up for us, either. He'll probably be back in Los Angeles, before playoff time. I doubt he wants to play for irrelevant Rockets, while most fans would not bat one eye at him being bought out.

4. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Yeah guys, we should all make sure and recirprocate class to a super classy player...................................................

Whether he a player rep (which is arguably an honorable position anyways) or the fact he has had to deal with a lot as a father....none of this changes the fact he is an ******* and the Scola foul and subsequent manner in which he went about his business afterwards is one of the more despicable acts in the NBA the past 15 years.

But no one wanted to then or wants to say anything now cause his daughter had eye cancer. And while I hate that something like that could happen to any father....it has nothing to do with what happened out there on the court. Not a valid excuse.

So stop screaming for people to be classy to this dude....he doesn't even want to be here for God's sake.

5. white lightning

Did I miss something? Wasn't he bought out?

6. durvasa

durvasa Member

Nope. Both sides have to agree on the terms of a buyout. Negotiations are probably in progress.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Has he reported yet?

8. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I have never been a fan of fisher but I refuse to root against a guy on my team..scola is over the dirty blow and even said he looks forward to playing with him...he does have experience that could help us out in locker room

9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

For payback, Morey and McHale should have him on the team but let him rot on the bench. SOB needs to get punishment for screwing with Scola. He wants to get bought out? Too bad, sit for 2 years son!

10. RV6

RV6 Member

Haven't been following this "buyout" closely, but i'm guessing he hasn't reported because of pending negotiations for it and not because he's refusing to report, right?

11. Ashes

Ashes Member

No. Show some damn class.

1 person likes this.
  12. Ashes

Ashes Member

I wonder if you understand what showing some class is.

But go ahead and reduce yourself to that level. That will show Fisher.

13. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

NEWSFLASH: Do you see anywhere in my post where I said I was going to boo? Nope, but the fans pay money and have the right to boo if they don't like what is going on. Period.

I wonder if you understand capitalism and/or rational thinking.

Not everyone in life deserves to be shown class by everyone. 95% of the people I know respect me enough to not bother to slander me....but I'm sure there are some people that one way or another, I disrespected (accidentally or purposely) and they don't owe me any obligation to welcome me with open arms. It's called life, you piss of people and unfortunately groups of people sometimes when you are famous....you have to accept and deal with that. It's not like he wouldn't have a say in the matter, either decide you can live with it or jump the team (which it looks like he has decided to do already). There is free will involved and if you don't like a player, especially for an egregious act of unsportsmanlike play, you have the right to voice that. Not to mention, like others have pointed out, this guy is the main player rep, the guy who is supposed to set an example for other players and is nowhere to be found....what a true example of class.

Now go ahead and leave and don't let the door called "life" hit you on the way out.

14. Preston27

Preston27 Member

With the new CBA Fisher can't sign with the lakers for a year if we buy him out, correct?

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Not unless he waives his player option for next year. The new CBA doesn't allow a traded player who is subsequently waived to re-sign with the team that traded him away until the EARLIER of (1) one year or (2) the end of his deal. If Fisher waives his player option, then his deal would expire after this season.

That said, it is unlikely that he would waive his option.

1 person likes this.
  16. Preston27

Preston27 Member

Good information, thanks Bima.

17. Ashes

Ashes Member

Weird. Didn't think the ability of people being able to boo was ever the question here. I didn't realize you were that far off base. Nevermind then. Carry on.