1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should they offer Asik's deal to JaVale McGee??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Jul 15, 2012.

1. VBG

VBG Member

McGee a stud? wow.

2. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

I also believe that he'll fare better when his environment dictates it. For all the shots taken at him when he was in DC, it was effectively an environment with a lack good veterans and professional culture due to too much youth. DC's addressing that now with vet signings.

Is he worth it? In today's league environment, yes. With that being said, I think he'll get more than the current offer from the Nugs when the Dwight lotto ends. He's got some time to decide and I'm fairly sure he knows the value of starting big men to the league. I'd guess as far as a max offer, or close to it, will be given when DH moves. If Hibbert and Lopez are getting paid those crazy amounts, so can McGee. All it takes is one team.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd be cool with Mcgee getting 12 mill contract from us to pry him away from the wizards. I know "but he's so dumb!!" whatever he has talent and i'm sure he'll grow out of all the things he does. Have McHale and the dream work with him for the couple of years and see where that get him. I'll be damned if it wouldn't get him in the allstar game once or twice.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol nuggets** got confused.

5. J-Red

J-Red Member

McGee would be a great pick-up IMO. And centers do get paid insane amounts in this league so 10 mil/yr for a center with potential might be worth the risk. If he signed here at least that means he would stay, unlike Dwight. McGee could actually flourish here with a big man coach like Herman Munster, Oops, I mean Kevin McHale, and would benefit with working with Hakeem. I definitely think he has a higher ceiling than Asik, but that's just by impressions. Asik could surprise us all and become a very solid player for us.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

People don't realize centers of Asik's skills are at a premium and you have to overpay for them.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nDWdmiqXq0I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

don't forget to put on HD

I like asik, but no way will he ever be able to come close mcgee's physical talent.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sounds very similar to his ex teammate...Andray Blatche

9. liveguy

liveguy Member

Eff NO!

10. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Never go full r****d !!!

dumb players say no

11. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Lol. Yeah McGee is a better player if you're a **** team and looking to see some highlights every couple games.

Give me the guy who plays good D every play than the lost idiot who's only skill is rejecting a guard's ill-advised floater in the lane.

12. nalgas05

nalgas05 Member

if howard is out the picture, and it came down to mcgee and bynum, i would go with mcgee because he is more athletic and less injury prone and also does not foul out stupidly when people get to his head

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm guessing the Rockets think he would be matched if they pursued. Seeing as he already has an offer on the table.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

McGee did good in the playoffs. I think his bad play was due to all those seasons with a bad team. The second he got on a winning team, he begin to break out.

15. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

16. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

He may. And it looked like he was thinking about it in the playoffs. But you never know. I wouldn't give a contract based on literally 3 to 4 games.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yes. And by yes I mean NO.

18. primtim24

primtim24 Member

That is hilarious! If we did have both our cap situation would be terrible, but our defense would definitely be tops in the League.

19. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Javale Mcgee is probably Anthony Davis BUST ceiling

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think McGee's playoff venture has made him a better player. I think he is ready to step up his game.