1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets trade for Jaylen Brown?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Apr 12, 2023.

?

Jaylen Brown?

1. Yes

75 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. No

152 vote(s)
    67.0%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's definitely unreasonable. One of the craziest things about this whole narrative of "being one dimensional" when it comes to Green, if you apply the same logic to Jabari, then Jabari is zero dimensional. Couldn't self create. Still shitty efficiency on a almost pure role player open shot selection. Poor playmaker and analytically a very poor defender.

2. fchowd0311

It's definitely unreasonable. One of the craziest things about this whole narrative of "being one dimensional" when it comes to Green, if you apply the same logic to Jabari, then Jabari is zero dimensional. Couldn't self create. Still shitty efficiency on a almost pure role player open shot selection. Poor playmaker and analytically a very poor defender.

I'm sold on Green. When you are in all time lists for scoring production before turning 21 you are something special. The fact that your argument is that Green isn't an all around player at age 20 is absurd. Green can expand his talents to effect other parts of the game as he matures and gains experience.

I still don't get this magical notion that guys like Jabari or Sengun are better defenders than Green. Like how does this narrative form?

Is it the essential nail polish behavior that makes people think that type of person tries less?

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Offense has nothing to do with hiding a bad defensive player. That was my point, gsw have been able to hide him, heck rockets hid harden for the most part. Point is even if he doesn't become a serviceable defender it can still work. Though I think it will work out with him especially with more accountability. It's one of the reasons I am most excited about Green now being surrounded by hard nose players like Fred v, and brooks vs selfish head cases like kpj, jc, wood etc in the years past

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

I want you to walk me through how Jalen is some epic lost cause on defense relative to Jabari. Show me stats, highlights. What are you seeing that makes you say this?

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Jalen won’t be undersized his entire career, especially not his prime

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I didn't say anything about Sengun, but already explained why on Jabari. There's nothing magical about it.

Anywho, I think it's ok to disagree. I don't think people who disagree with me are unreasonable.

7. fchowd0311

It's okay to disagree and it's okay to acknowledge your opinions about a basketball team come from your ass. It's okay. Maybe you are much better at designing suspension bridges or something more useful in life. It's not the end of the world.

It's not like I pride myself in being addicted to knowing the ins and ours of a 22 win NBA team. Like it's embarrassing in the grand scheme of things.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't feel embarrassed. You're doing fine.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I’ve been (and continue to be) one of the biggest Green homers on the board.

I will say though that I am massively encouraged by Smith and I honestly don’t know who has a higher ceiling at this point. The thing that stood out to me the last few days was Jabari handling the ball way way way better than we have ever seen him do so. He has clearly made a jump. So I don’t know. Smith really needs to refine his moves to the basket. They already look a lot better, just try to duplicate the same move more often.

I want him taking three or four mid range, jumpers a game and mixing in 2 to 3 pull up three-pointers.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not now.

DD

saleem likes this.
  11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Cam Whitmore is a poor man’s Jaylen Brown, and he can dribble with his left hand unlike Jaylen.

Believe It! and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Fk Bill Simmons

Mathloom, OremLK and saleem like this.
  13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Trading any of Green, Bari, Tari or Sengun at this stage would be foolish.

14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I like Green and I think he is going to average 30 points per game very soon. However, he is not a playmaker that is not who he is. The last two years with the Rockets and with the Ignite team..you give him the ball and let him work. He have not shown the ability to be a playmaker. Silas had him on ball a lot especially when KPJ was hurt, and he played ok with pick n roll with Sengun. However, he became eclectic and explosive when being a shot maker. He is best give him the ball and get out of his way, he can score on all levels. I just do not think he is a #1 option on a championship team or do I think Jabari is a #1 option. However, I do believe Amen will be our #1 option. I think Jabari and Jalen are on the same level as being play makers…working progress.

I do believe we have the components to be a championship contender:
    #1 option= Amen
    #2 option= Jalen…averaging 30+ points per game
    #3 option= Jabari or Sengun
    Defensive stopper= Tari Eason

15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I like Green and I think he is going to average 30 points per game very soon. However, he is not a playmaker that is not who he is. The last two years with the Rockets and with the Ignite team..you give him the ball and let him work. He have not shown the ability to be a playmaker. Silas had him on ball a lot especially when KPJ was hurt, and he played ok with pick n roll with Sengun. However, he became eclectic and explosive when being a shot maker. He is best give him the ball and get out of his way, he can score on all levels. I just do not think he is a #1 option on a championship team or do I think Jabari is a #1 option. However, I do believe Amen will be our #1 option. I think Jabari and Jalen are on the same level as being play makers…working progress.

I do believe we have the components to be a championship contender:
    #1 option= Amen
    #2 option= Jalen…averaging 30+ points per game
    #3 option= Jabari or Sengun
    Defensive stopper= Tari Eason

16. jayfree

jayfree Member

Rockets are trying to take the Warriors formula.... They have a Green, now have a Thompson.... and all they need is to find a Curry. Seth would put this team over the top guaranteed. Adding a Cliff Paul wouldn't hurt.

NewAge and BamBam like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They have the defensive Dillon Bro.....wn.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm fine with Green being a bit one dimensional, if that dimension is that he's such a threat with the ball in his hands that he gets double teamed and one of our other guys* is left wide open. That was happened last year on quite a few occasions.

*Not Dillon Brooks, please.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Made some sense if you were adding Harden, doesn't make much sense now.

Just pursue him in free agency next offseason if he wants to be here.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Just 1 month ago everyone had us trading our 4th pick and more for a role player. Like I said, first round picks are very undervalued, they can land you a franchise player.