1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the rockets trade for darko?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leebigez, Jun 23, 2011.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Based purely on skill-level / basketball-ability, Milicic is a serviceable center. Not sure about his other qualities, though.

But I have to say I'd be pretty disappointed if our center-tandem heading into next season was Milicic and Thabeet. I don't think the Rockets would try to trade for Milicic until they've exhausted other trade options.

2. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

Darko?

I can see him as a 2nd option off the bench but i think rockets would have to unload Brad Miller.

Anyways hello guys this my first post go Rockets! :eek:

1 person likes this.
  3. AusEaglez

AusEaglez Member

Yeah I agree with you there pal I dont think that would help us what so ever with our problem at center I think Darko is a decent bench player but I rather have a better starter.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

You guys are way to hard on Darko. Yes, he never lived up to the hype but he is a decent NBA center. Guy plays decent defense, blocks shots, can score a bit and even pass. People need to stop thinking of him as the 2nd pick in the draft rather as just a center. If it means moving up to get a Williams or Kanter, then of course.

5. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

He's a god awful offensive player, along Ben Wallace lines except he's worse because he thinks he's not Ben Wallace. He's worse than 08-09 Chuck.

6. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Yes.

Not really. He has an annoying tendency to never finish strong, instead relying on a lefty hook. He can score, but it's not that great and he doesn't understand it's not that great.

..................lol.
    You clearly did not watch the Wolves this year. Regardless, the fact that he had a negative assist/TO ratio should say something about his vaunted passing ability.

Bottomline, he's okay. I don't think he's that much better than Hayes, and the fact that Hayes is a leader and example trumps the slight, if any advantage that Darko has over him. Bottom line? I don't mind getting him, but he's not someone I'm going to really actively target.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Never said he was Dream passing the ball but I saw enough of the fool to know he can pass the ball when needed. He can score A LITTLE, never said he was a scoring machine.

He will clog the lane and slow up the layup line that developed ever freaking game. That said, unless we are getting something of real value, I'd pass.

8. Datacom

Datacom Rookie

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I definitely feel the Rockets have more offensive talent and skill than the Wolves, and I think Kyle Lowry is a smart enough point guard to not pass the ball to Darko. Darko could set some devistating screens for Martin and Bud, and swat at the ball with a greater result than a center an inch shorter than your shooting guard can do.

But, it is very difficult to put a price on Darko. Maybe a straight swap like Thabeet for Darko could work out w/ Brad Miller filling in the $ void.

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

If we land Darko, he'd immediately be the best center we've had since losing Yao. I would love to have him.. good shot blocking presence as well.

Yeah, that's not happening. You're going to have to give up something of value, not trash + more trash.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Didnt he say he was going back to europe or something? He just doesn't strike me as very stable at times. I think he's going to pack up and go home earlier, rather than later, in his career.

12. ashishduh

Chuck is better offensively and defensively. Miles ahead offensively and comfortably ahead defensively. That's why he got many DPOY votes and Darko got zero. And let's not even delve into intangibles lol.

13. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Look guys, for a center, I want someone better than some 7 foot dude to just stand there, raise his hands, and not contribute anything else. Thabeet can do that.

Darko has his values as a good 25 mpg defensive linchpin. That's it. There is nothing else he does better than Hayes. He's not better offensively, he's not a better passer than Chuck, he's not a better rebounder( as he has no clue how to box out),he's not a better FT shooter, so on, and so on. To top things off, he doesn't seem to get that defense is where his value is, which contributes to problems. I can't cite anything specific, but I remember reading somewhere he has had problems here. In a city which all was ecastic and has treated him better than anywhere else he's been before. I don't have a problem getting him, but don't act like he would be a great or even good solution for our problems at center.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Let me say this, I like hayes and his dramatic improvement in a contract year. That being said, neither are the saviors of the franchise. Darko makes 4m and that's probably what hayes is going to want. Look, never said we were debating dream vs shaq, but he blocks 2 shots and alters quite a few more. He fouls ad plays half the game, but the rockets would benefit by having a guy like him in the middle temporarily. As for as peckovic being superior, don't really know about that. I just watched quite a few of those wolves games and I don't really see what's so good about him either. I'm talking about availiblity and need. Darko will probably be availible,peckovic, not because he just got over here.

15. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Id trade for Donnie Darko 1st.

16. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

i'd go for him, he isn't that bad.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Darko is not a moneyball player.

Do not want.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Nah, not a Darko or a Pekovic fan.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Clutchfans where Chuck Hayes = Hall of Famer.:rolleyes:

20. ashishduh

Did I compare him to Dream? I compared him to a guy who can't even hold down the starting spot for the worst team in the NBA. If anything, it's not saying much to say Chuck is miles ahead of this scrub.