1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets seriously explore trading UP to #4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, Jun 3, 2022.

1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because no recently-signed max player has ever been traded (see Ben Simmons).

And as I said, I don’t know whether they will or not. I have no more inside information than you do. But signing a player to a max contract does not mean he is untouchable. There’s really nothing controversial in what I said, so you should be ok to relax a bit.

saleem likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

ben simmons sucks and is a mental midget. theres absolutely 0 correlation there in their situations and actual basketball play. his max extension was in 2019. What year is it now?

so yeah signing a fresh young player off a max extension does signal that theyre not looking to move him anytime soon

let me know when the last time a 23 year old signs a fresh max extension and less than a year later he was traded by that same team. good luck

#302 YOLO, Jun 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

At least give a good example (ala Blake Griffin)

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

the same blake that spent 8 years as a clipper before getting traded as he declined. not an actual example. He was on the backend of his career and the clips rightfully so needed to start over. okc is literally in their rebuild. 0 correlation

#304 YOLO, Jun 13, 2022
  5. theDude

Supporting Member

There are likely many other illustrations. While he’s still with the Kings, it seems De’Aaron Fox has been mentioned in trade talks since before the ink on his max extension was even dry.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

another wrong example. he signed his extension in 2020. They clearly just gave away a younger prospect in haliburton and chose to commit to him right or wrong which doesn't matter in this context. nah theres not many other illustrations. That's what happens when you make up silly assumptions that don't make sense

let everyone know once again, when the last time a 23 year old signs a fresh max extension and less than a year later he was traded by that same team.

7. theDude

Supporting Member

This will be my last response. Andrew Wiggins was traded by the Wolves after the first year of his extension. These contracts do not make trades off limits. Team and player priorities change.

TheJuice and ApacheWarrior like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

another wrong assumption. the same wiggins that spent 6 years in minnesota.

he signed a max extension in 2017. wasnt traded until feb 2020. so traded after the first year of the extension is 100% wrong

you really have a tough time understanding such a simple common sense concept. I mean if Wiggins signed that extension then was traded less than a year later in 2018 after signing that max extension it would apply. Again not a hard concept. But no, in reality he spent 3 seasons playing for Minny after signing that deal. Enough time to know it was time to move on.

In summary, SGA isn't going anywhere anytime soon again and stop trying to spread inaccurate information

#308 YOLO, Jun 13, 2022
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I also really like Keels. I think he has a floor as a sturdy 3-D bench player but an interesting ceiling. I could see him turning into an I just like him. ****, truth be told I like all those Duke guys.

MIL pick for #20 and #25
    Wood+Tate+Gordon+2026 Brooklyn pick top 3 protected for #7
    Pray Mark Williams falls to #17.

#3-Banchero
    #7-AJ Griffin (Note I think AG actually falls past #7 but just for the theme. I'd also take quite a few others first)
    #17-Mark Williams
    #20-Wendell Moore
    #25-Keels

Sengun/Williams
    Banchero/Garuba
    Griffin/Moore
    Green/Keels
    KPJ/Jaygup/Nix

Sign JJ Reddick and Grant Hill.

10. xaos

xaos Member

Imagine not wanting to draft Ivey because we already have KPJ.

TheJuice and YOLO like this.
  11. TheBeastSystem

jovic is a monsta. he's too big to be defended by smalls. will shoot over them or post them up. he's too fast for bigs. will blow by them or shoot over them when the big hedges down.

i like tyty. but this was a miss by stone. jovic is going to be better than eason or tyty and several of the guys in the top 10. i do believe he was the target at 29 over tyty. but stone got too cute making trades and traded below him.

jovic is going to be a star.