1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets rest players against New Orleans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Here is the situation, if the Rockets beat New Orleans they are guaranteed Home Court in the finals if Indiana loses it's last game. The Rockets split with both Miami and Indiana so the next tiebreaker is your record against the opposing conference. Since the Rockets played better against the east than both Indiana and Miami played against the west they win HCA in the finals.

If the pacers lose their last game we get HCA but even if the Pacers win if Miami makes it to the finals we still get HCA if we win. So my question is should we rest the starters or play to win vs New Orleans?

I'm not sure but maybe leaning rest but play hard and do everything we can to win without the starters.

2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

yes

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

Anything less than a DNP-Insert Injury for Harden and Parsons should be a fireable offense for McHale. Everyone else can play limited minutes if they want to keep the rust off.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Against NOP without Davis, I honestly think we can win while resting Harden, Parsons and Howard. Maybe we can rest Jones...idk.

5. arjun

arjun Member

It's not worth james harden rolling his ankle and throwing our season away for 1 meaningless game.

6. arjun

arjun Member

We should rest our whole playoff rotation.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Play to win, but rest the starters, which means our scrubs will have to play out of their minds. Anything is possible.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I want to see the Viper squad in action.

That would be an exciting game to watch.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It's not exactly meaningless. But I mostly agree. Can't think about the finals now. Think about what will help get us out of the first round. And rest seems to be the way to go.

The only reason I even brought it up is because I do see a path to the West finals. If we beat Portland and then face the Spurs we have a chance to make it. Once we make it to the west finals anything can happen.

Still I agree rest is best. At least for Harden and Parsons and Bev. Howard could use some minutes just to get in shape a little. Everyone else play to win.

10. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

imo no b/c of the recent injuries. I think they should play together this game to get back into the flow before the injuries.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Let's pretend it's the JVG days and throw away a higher pick for Brandon Roy so that we can chalk up a moral victory.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Rest them. Definitely more important to have them healthy now and not to risk anything. They get 4 or 5 days off before game 1 of the playoffs which will be really helpful for some of these guys.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beverly, Harden, Parsons and Dwight need to rest.

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yup i want to see 50+ 3 point attempts!

15. Omnipotence

Omnipotence Member

rest the starters

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If guys play, it's likely to help the team re-establish chemistry a little bit after Dwight and Pat's been out until recently. My guess is that the regulars still play, but you won't see more than, say, 25 or so minutes from the regulars. Kind of like how Popovich used Duncan and Parker tonight.

If anyone sits out the entire game, it'd be Harden. He's been carrying a heavy load of late and hasn't had a break. He also kind of looks worn out in some recent games.

17. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

^ Agreed. Play the starters for the first half so they can get their chemistry back in order. Then it would be nice to let the bench, especially the Vipers trio with Jordan Ham, have at it. It's good to see we're able to squeeze out wins without the 3-ball lately.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Let Dwert and Bev get some more warm up time before playoffs

no heavy minutes for anyone, rest Harden and Parsons completely

Lin
    Bev
    Garcia
    Jones
    Dwert

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

rest in the 2nd half , this team really needs to get its chemistry back.

20. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Let the starters warm up a little bit then bench em.