1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets match the DMo offer sheet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 2, 2016.

?

Should the Rockets match DMo's offer sheet

1. Yes

77.1%
  2. No

22.9%
  1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dmo's passing and ball movement will take this offense to another level.

butterball, LewLLOYD and hakeem94 like this.
  2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If we do match him, I hope this will not jeopardize Harrell's minutes. He is toughness and tenacity that none of the Rockets PFs have shown since Chuck Hayes, even when the Rockets had a log jam at the PF.

LewLLOYD and hakeem94 like this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

4. 9baller

9baller Member

Morey will keep giving Harrell minutes to showcase him.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

i havent really been thinking about his defense. he is a plus defender so that wouldnt be a bad thing.

butterball likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not only low post scoring but if he is playing the 5 position, Gobert has to come out to the 3pt line and guard him opening up the lane for Harden.

Dmo makes us more versatile.

DD

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I wouldn't worry about Dmo slowing down the pace . We are already a middling team in terms of pace ( basketball ref) and Dmo loves to run anyways .

Posting him up is not going to be a priority and when the post ups do come we will already be in half court . It's not like we are going to abort a fast break to wait for Dmo to lumber down the court and post him up .

Adding a integrated and healthy Dmo would make our offense lethal and the combinations of players and versatility of styles we can play exceptionally high .

Adding a big who can run pass and (crosses fingers) shoot is a good thing . Especially when that big plays solid rotational defense .

Of course the question is health and who loses pt at his expense .

Health is impossible to know .

PT , I would imagine that Brewer goes to the chopping block and Dekker slides to those mins . So some of Dekkers backup PF mins and some of Harrell and nenes backup 5 minutes . There are a decent amount of backup 5 minutes to be had since Clint usually doesn't get to 30 .

Plus who knows what injuries occur and who plays well and who doesn't . Anderson could miss time . Ariza might already miss ( knock on wood) nene is having knee soreness . Beyond that if Gordon or Beverley miss time it's infinitely preferable to slide Trevor to guard the 1 instead of having to play Ennis.

Dmo doesn't have to be a 25 mpg every game high usage player to be worth this lowball of a contract . Nene will be gone next year . We may have to trade players . Maybe someone gets traded this year .

I think you add to the cupboard of potential talent you have and thus create surplus that could be traded ( for example Harrell whole his stock is rising)

All of this of course assumes that Dmo causes no chemistry issues which given his track record here is a solid bet .

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You got Anderson and Dekker to run back out to the 3 pt line now. What difference is it going to make?

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Neither of them can play the 5 position, DMo can.

You can play Dekker at the 3, Anderson at the 4, DMo at the 5, and Gordon at the 2, or Bev and have 5 3pt shooting threats on the court.......and have a 7 footer to clog the lane in DMo....it is a major advantage in some matchups.....like the Jazz where it forces Gobert to come out and guard DMo at the 3pt line.

DD

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I honestly can't imagine a better contract for the Rockets. We got 4 years at a low cost without guarantees. 9.25 a season? That's what Trevor Booker makes a season.

11. 9baller

9baller Member

Are there any conceivable reasons Morey rejects this?

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

D-Mo only had one season where he shot well from distance. At this point in time nobody should consider D-Mo a 3PT threat until he proves he can hit it consistently.

Morey's question now is whether he feels D-Mo is worth losing flexibility over, when guys like Harrell are earning minutes and playing extremely well.

LewLLOYD likes this.
  13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I like Harrell too, I think adding Dmo gives us another dimesion, really like what Harrell is doing out there, that touch pass tonight on the run was amazing.

And Morey loses no flexibility at all by matching, none, he can opt out of the 2nd year - he gets his cake and eats it too.

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Morey will lose flexibility in the sense that he cannot trade D-Mo for a year without his consent. I'm sure Morey is still eyeing for another big player so any flexibility to him is important.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

100% Match

Even if he does nothing for the Rockets, you do not let him go to a developing dynasty like the Nets

butterball likes this.
  16. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I love the dmo, man. Keep giving me more am i right?

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Ah yes, but that ship already sailed by Nov 23rd....so as of today it doesn't change a thing....and if he wants he can keep him for year 2 and trade him in that season - so he has that flexibility....

DD

#117 DaDakota, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I mean, why not just match to see how D-Mo's moving and to have some insurance if Anderson or Nene goes down over the next 20 games? If you ultimately decide that the team needs flexibility more than it needs D-Mo, cut him loose.

It seems like a good problem to have.

19. 9baller

9baller Member

Are there any indications that Dmo will be a cancer if we match?

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Reading quotes from Dmo it seems like he knows (and kind of hopes) the Rockets match.