1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should The Rockets make official protest & have final seconds of Game 1 replayed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Apr 21, 2014.

?

Should Final seconds of Game 1 be replayed?

1. Yes...Did it before, do it again.

41 vote(s)
    42.7%
  2. No...We have to live with it, again.

55 vote(s)
    57.3%
  1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The play ...

http://www.clutchfans.net/video/view/?v=2224&/dwight_howard_fouls_out_blazers_vs_rockets_game1/

[youtube]VQVDSe9Zacs[/youtube]

Down by 1, should've been 2 free throws for us instead it takes Howard out of the game & gives 2 free throws to the opposition costing us the game.

I remember a few years ago they replayed the final minutes of a game Shaq was in because of a Protest:

Maybe at the start of Game 2 we should replay the final moments of Game 1 13 seconds, down 1 with Howard at the line?

Otherwise the NBA is basically saying, 'Sorry for running over your dog, here's the carcass...you can always have it stuffed so you can remember this day FOREVER'

In my opinion Les & Morey have to protest this one, seriously.

#1 IzakDavid13, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I understand your frustration but one is in the playoffs and the other wasn't

3. torocan

torocan Member

There's a precedent for it, so no reason why Morey and Co shouldn't file the protest.

If they let the team replay the last 10.8s of overtime, great. If not, at least they tried.

4. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Doesn't look like this has ever happened in the playoffs.

It would be awesome to get another shot at it but we should probably spend more time worrying about defending LMA than dwelling on the past. This team is still more than capable of winning this series.

5. Andrew Wiggins

It would be great, but now way portland lets this happen. Call the rest of the series fair and i will be happy.

6. IzakDavid13

As Clutchfans member TheresTheDagger also noted:

I hate to harp on it, but after almost losing my mind after getting 'Sterned' in the Dallas playoff series, I don't want to see that happen again.

Maybe this was one last 'Sterning' for taking Dwight from LA? The League can't have major athletes turning down more money to play for a smaller market...

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont think it will happen but the fact that one is in the playoffs makes it even MORE important to have it properly called and straightened out

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Great in principle, but POR would probably just look up any number of blown calls against them and ask if they can be replayed too. There would no end to it.

NBA says the judgment call was wrong as a warning to referees to get their eyes checked, or else ...

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A protest should be filed. It won't change anything, in my opinion, but at least the Rockets organization will be on record protesting the call. I'll add this. The league has a new commissioner. It wouldn't surprise me if he would like to carve out his own reputation and separate himself, at least a little, from Stern. Having those few seconds replayed would certainly do that.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm shocked at how dumb posters are, including OP.

There is no similarity between the circumstances in the Atlanta game and the Rockets game.

Even making this thread is r****ded.

1 person likes this.
  11. roxon

roxon Member

If somehow this happens and the outcome is win or lose. I will be satisfied.

12. Karolik

Karolik Member

Should the Clippers as well? Or the other teams that have been j*bbed this season?

dumba**.

13. TheresTheDagger

Although I am also angered by the officiating last night, I think it would be a mistake to re-do the final 10 seconds.

I personally don't want any favors from the league. I DO want transparency, accountability and fairness in future games. There are plenty of times in the past that teams have gone through horrible officiating and yet they rarely replay the results....and they never have in the playoffs.

What makes THIS ending so special? Unfortunately, nothing.

Move along to game 2 and hope that Les has something to say in league meetings about the transparency, accountability and fairness issues.

14. IzakDavid13

Thanks for your intelligent input, but there were no similarities between the circumstances of any of the replayed games, except one...there was a wrong decision that cost a team the game. All they wanted was a fair outcome, all we want is a fair outcome.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

When two teams play their hearts out and the game comes down to a very, very obvious blown call in the final seconds, replaying that part of the game and beyond is more than reasonable.

1 person likes this.
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wrong decision by whom? In the two games who made the mistake?

I'll await your answer, even though I already know what it is.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What do the Rockets have to lose?

I imagine the league would frown upon this.

18. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

You absolutely can't replay the final 10 seconds on a common foul. That would be ludicrous. Every game would be subject to having to be replayed. You just can't set a bad precedent like that. There has to be finality, and triple zeroes at the end of the game are just that.

The comparison in the OP isn't even analogous. Bad calls are part of the game. Allowing/disallowing players that shouldn't have been is NOT part of the game. That is precisely why the example game given was replayed. A similar situation would exist in a baseball game where a team hit out of order. You simply can't allow that to stand.

Bad calls are part of sports like it or not. If there is any justice we will benefit from a terrible call down the road that wins us a game.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

it was one of the worst officiated games in nba history. it was nearly as bad as those point shaving games that ruined our series against the mavs.

bevs gets a tech for jumping toward the bench, but aldridge jumps toward an official in protest and gets no tech. this call at the end was moronic. most of the touch fouls in the game went to the blazers. it was completely 5 vs 8 and the officials won.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

A protest should be filed and it is crazy that the league admitted that Howard should have been shooting free throws.