1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Should Spanouls/Lucas Go To D-League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Dynasty, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Neither!!
    If you want to learn how to play the game the way the NBA plays then you should learn in the NBA not in another league that has its own level and standards, which are not that of the NBA!!!! :)

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Dumb da dumb dumb.

3. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

Apparently not, since they have made an NBA roster..........silly thread!

4. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I don't care what happens to JL3.. but this team is where V belongs. He's really fun to watch, even though he gives out like 15 TO's a game.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

lucas probably his problem was from the limited time i saw him play in the preseaon was that he wasnt much of a point guard and took more ill advised shots for himself. having him play down in the d league help him work on setting up teammates and all. vspan has already showed he is a more than willing passer and should be practicing with the rockets all season long to work on his shooting and decision making. i can see vspan because of his toughness become the backup pg this year the second half of the season if he develops a better long range shot and cuts down on the TOs

6. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

You are wrong. D-League is also a "minor league" system to the NBA. Two teams are assigned to One team and they both can send their own players there to develop and still keep their rights. I don't think neither should go but it's not exactly a bad idea. Definitely not worth a 1 star thread. V-Span can really benefit from the D-League with lots of playing time as he could get accustomed to the speed of the NBA game. But like someone said earlier, I rather have JVG coaching Kill Bill.

7. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

Lucas has to go.. he aint ready

8. Flamescreen

Flamescreen Member

That's my understanding as well. Spanoulis would be burried there and ask to go back to Greece pretty soon. You might as well put him in the bench for the entire season giving him at best 4-5 mins per game. Will be the same thing.