1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Rockets sign Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Jul 4, 2018.

?

Should Rockets sign Dwight Howard?

1. No, we know from the past experience Harden and Dwight can't play together

76 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. Yes, it will give us a big body to throw at Cousins, CP3 can't guard Cousins in the post

20 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Embarrassing thread for so many reasons.

JayGoogle, topfive and cml750 like this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Is He? I haven't heard anything else about it.

3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

I want to see the Big3 League feature Dwight, Wall, and Beal... just for **** and giggles.

4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

better do something to move the needle... the MCWs and Swaggy Ps of the league aint difference makers...

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Funny how a few years can change opinions of players

The Rockets could have had a team with Harden, Paul, Carmelo, and Dwight Howard if they wanted to this season. Now the mention of the last 2 just elicits an eye roll from most of us.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It makes me depressed actually. I remember the high of 2013 coming off losing to the Thunder. Harden's first season, Parsons was too good and when I found out we got Dwight it was like, "We're back!". We'd been irrelevant for about 5 years and that was the best 4th of July I can remember. I didn't even feel that way about CP3 because of of the Harden disappointment that playoff run.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

The worst of which is that a Rockets fan actually wanted to bring this idiot back to Houston again.

Didn't anyone learn their lesson during 2016?!?

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not now, not ever again.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I did. I learned that when they were getting along, they were actually contending for a championship.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats because Howard can't officially put pen to paper on his new contract with the Wizards until the end of the league’s annual moratorium on transactions at 12:01 a.m. on July 6. But its essentially a done deal

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Hell no, this guy is a cancer and a loser - he has declined and fails to accept a role he can play now, he is terrible in the clubhouse....

Let him go down as a smiling jack of no trades.

DD

topfive likes this.
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So the Rockets can still slide in and steal him if they really wanted to. I know they won't though. Thanks anyway.

justtxyank likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

perhaps but i couldn't care less anyway. i was hoping hed go to GS to sabotage that team anyway. anywhere else it doesn't really matter to me.

topfive likes this.
  16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

17. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Stupid question

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Let's look at Dwight's last few stops, shall we?

Lakers: Signed with great fanfare, ready to contribute to a winning culture. Couldn't get along with coach Mike D'Antoni. After 1 season, other players and fans hated him and the team let him walk as a FA.

Houston: Signed with great fanfare, ready to contribute to a winning culture. Two solid seasons, including a WCF appearance. Then he began to protest his diminishing role on the team (and in the NBA, for that matter). Third season, enough other players hated him that the team let him walk as a FA.

Atlanta: Signed with great fanfare, ready to contribute to a winning culture. After 1 season, other players hated him and he was dumped on the Hornets.

Charlotte: Signed with great fanfare, ready to contribute to a winning culture. After 1 season, other players hated him and he was dumped on the Nets.

Yeah, let's bring this douchebag in to lead us to an NBA title. Makes perfect sense.

YOLO likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

when you're desperate, it seems some people on this board will find a way to reason for it somehow, despite all the negative reality infront of them

topfive likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's why it almost makes sense for the Wizards. But we had the best record in the NBA last season and were a hamstring away from winning it all. Hardly the time for desperate moves, IMO. :)