1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should playing time be earned?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 27, 2009.

?

Should playing time be earned on the floor?

1. Yes - play whomever is best today

87.0%
  2. No - players earned time from previous seasons

13.0%
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

it's not as black and white as he's healthy or not healthy. In a rehab like this the process isnt over once the pain is gone. Usually whent here's an injury, a player has to wait until he is pain free to declare himself 'healthy"...in this case, once the pain is gone you still have to work back to getting your body in sync, re-enacting movements and creating new muscle memory.

2. heyangw

heyangw Member

Player need to earn their time for sure.
    But the coach also needs to consider the future of the team and arrange the time accordinly.

3. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

So if Kobe did bad at the previous practice, he shouldn't get as much playing time as a sub?

4. logicx

logicx Member

This whole thread doesn't make much sense if you can say that Jermaine Taylor has earned playing time and McGrady hasn't...I've said it over and over...if you're not gonna play him, just say it. If you're not gonna give him more minutes, just say it. I don't have a problem with that. But don't act like you'll give him more minutes if and when he shows he can handle it when you don't have any intention of increasing them.

And then don't act surprised when Tracy's pissed and says he wants more minutes...hello...

5. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

agreed, so in trevor's case, I think he's earned to get his minutes cut, to say the least.

In my mind, Cbud should start over trevor, even Tmac should be playing some of his minutes now...........

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Agree with what is quoted....too bad Von was injured he would be playing a lot right now.

DD

7. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Yup, that's why we're letting Ariza put up the worst FG% in the league every game over 40-something minutes.... proof is in the pudding....

8. tmacjordan123

tmacjordan123 Member

Get over it! :mad:

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Two wrongs don't make a right.....

Trevor is certainly struggling.....if we had someone that could keep up with this team ready to play, I am sure he would be in there too.

Maybe Mike Harris, or CBud when healthy...or perhaps Von when he comes back.

DD

10. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

You mean, by ten points in 8 minutes? Is he supposed to continue doing that indefinitely, with no feedback and reciprocation from the other side on whether he's actually doing anything or not?

11. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

So you mean, I'm right and it hasn't been "proven"?

12. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Joined this month, very aggressive on the pro T-Mac agenda.
    Could wikiwki be T-Mac himself?

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

How selective you are, what about the other FIVE games?

And he did have feedback.....what is he like 5?

He is an adult (well he is supposed to be), and Adelman laid out a plan he agreed with...then he b****ed about it to the press.......there is no hidden agenda here, Tmac made his own mess.....

Meh, who cares, Adelman and Morey will do what is right for the franchise despite what the peanut gallery thinks.

DD

14. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: You CAUGHT me!!!

Seriously, what a stupid comeback, this is the third time someone's thrown this at me already, when they couldn't swallow the truth, or come up with a halfway decent sentence comeback that actually addressed the issues.

15. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

He didn't "b****" about it to the press. He had an interview, like all the other players on the team, they asked him what was happening next, he told them what was happening according to RA's plan- he was supposed to get more minutes after 6 games- instead RA goes back on his word.

I only go by video interviews by the way, not by BS quotes from news articles, where the writers are just trying to drum up controversy.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

100% false.

They were going to re-evaluate his play, that is all...and they did, and decided he was not working hard enough to warrant more minutes.

Tracy did not like the answer so he bailed on the team...again.

They are not allowed to lie in those, and there are more than just video interviews after games.

So, what you are saying is you don't like facts that come out so you ignore them....you will fit right in here with the other Tmac fans.

DD

17. yearning

yearning Rookie

Player need to earn their time, I think 8-10 minutes is appropriate for Tmac at this time. However, I don't think Adelman is fair enough, Ariza and Brooks should not get too much time in view of their performance.

18. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

What issues? Even if Tracy did everything right on his comeback he has caused so many problems and burnt so many bridges in the past with his selfishness that he doesn't deserve to get treated well. End of story. Except for the dwindling number of TOF's here all the Rockets fans want to see him out of here. It's in you guys best interested for him to get traded, then you can watch him perhaps even start elsewhere. Get past your player love and look at it from a teams perspective. Why waste time with a guy who has constantly put himself before the team and is earning $23 million of your cap. The Rockets don't owe him a thing because he hasn't done a thing for him, its not like he has been playing here for free.

19. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Sat in on that meeting did you? From both t-mac and RA's interviews it seems they never met to re-evaluate until RA just told t-mac he wasn't playing in the next two games.

There not allowed to "knowingly write something untrue" as if that could ever be proved.

I just find it suspicious that different new stories on the SAME EXACT INTERVIEWS put completely different spins on it and portray the players in completely different lights.

The only fair thing I can think is to disregard both unless I see something with my own eyes that I can judge myself.

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Nope, They talked Tmac said he wanted more minutes, Rick said No, Tmac bailed.

It was in Justice's article.

Sometimes the players give similar quotes to two different reporters.....but certainly some of them spin it.

DD