1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should playing time be earned?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 27, 2009.

?

Should playing time be earned on the floor?

1. Yes - play whomever is best today

87.0%
  2. No - players earned time from previous seasons

13.0%
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

since when does being able to catch alleys make you explosive? You do realize what explosion means, right? It's not just being able to jump, it's taking off with a lot of force and quickness, Bud isnt that, Landry is that. Bud is a good athlete, with good hops and solid length. I like the guy, but don't make him out to be more than he is.

Nope,i sure dont. Budinger has never shown that ability in high school or college and so far int he league. He can drive decent enough, he can make the obvious pass, finish well enough, but he's never going to have great vision, he's never going to drive like a guard. His finishing may improve, but i dont see it being great.

Tracy MIGHT never be that good anymore. You dont know. I dont know. You can continue to act like you can predict the future, but the point and truth remains that you dont know for sure because his rehab isnt completely over. And the absurd statement is yours. It's one thing to predict he won't be as good anymore, but any good? If that's not hating, i dont know what is, but of course it is, and i'm sure you'll agree.

And? No one said he does or that he is. I sure didnt. I said he has the skills to do it, that's still true. He didnt get a brain surgery, he still knows what to do and how to do it, the problem, is physically being able to do it. He doesnt have to be the guy anymore, he doesnt have to be tmac again, he just needs to be able to regain some of that back because even at 80% he can do things no one else on the team can. Right now he's not there, but as far as i know there's no immediate league deadline that says the team must make a decision on tmac. They're taking their time evaluating him.

Once again, i never said he was that guy or that he should be, so i'm not sure where you get i dont believe Adelman. The point was players also earn their Pt in practice and you have failed to take that into consideration.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I want a championship in Houston, I know this team is not going to win one even with a super healthy Tmac (which he isn't)...

I would rather develop the players we have now and hit it hard next season with Yao.

And honestly, I am loving this team......they play hard, they play together and they trust each other.

If Tracy would change his game and get with the program and play hard and get healthy, he would make us better.

But, I have seen enough of this quitter to know that will never happen....

Some fans....maybe that includes you, enable him.....by not recognizing the negative impact his attitude and quitting has on the team.

He quit under JVG, he quit in Toronto, and he quit again on this team in New Jersey by going home.

I believe in tough love, and earning your way onto the floor, the only thing Tracy has earned is a boot in the arse and a kick out the door.

DD

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

90% of the Tmac drama you have created through sensationalism.

You have posted 300 times in 2 days, its the same thing over and over.

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Great contribution to the thread larsv8, funny how the only people saying that stuff are the ones that don't want to hear the truth about their guy, isn't it?

DD

5. SynergySin

SynergySin Member

So you'd rather rely on another player who is injured season after season, and refuses to do the right for the team by quitting the Chinese National Team?

In no way am I faulting him for wanting to represent his country, but the fact that you want to rely on Yao (who would also clog up the lanes, not allowing us to make quick slashes and penetration, and slow down our tempo because of his inability to make transition plays in a timely manner, e.g., he's slow) is pretty funny when you claim that you dislike Tracy because he would change our style of play.

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

you got to be kidding me. that answers all my questions :)

I love you DD but I will never ever listen to you. we are not gonna agree wither.

Just do your job. yes, it is fun. Some people even agree.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No, I dislike him because he is a quitter.

DD

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I actually agree with lars and want to trade TMac asap.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i guess there's no other explanation other than he quit, right? It's crazy to consider that maybe he left because he was becoming a media distraction...the media was more interested in him, whether he played or not, than the team's play and wins. It makes perfect sense for him to go home so the team can be the focus.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Aha....so this is the new excuse...nice....

DD

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

50% tmac > 100% jermaine taylor.

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

so coming back 2 months early from microfracture surgery = quitter? wanting to play more and contribute to this team = quitter?

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Nope, he should be admired for working hard, but quitting because he doesn't like the deal he made with the coach for playing time, and then expecting to play more when he has not earned it, then taking his ball and running home again...is quitting.

All Tracy had to do was keep playing his 7 minutes, keep his mouth shut, get in shape, and play well and Adelman would have increased his minutes, instead....T-entitlement decided that if he couldn't do what he wanted he would take his ball and go home.

And yet, some ALLEGED fans of the Houston Rockets are ok with that, and blame management......

UNREAL !

DD

14. caneks

caneks Rookie

How could this be a question?

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If you actually bothered reading peoples posts and not just copy/pasting the same dribble over and over you would know that I am pro trading Tracy McGrady. I like to think I have a firm grip on your opinions, when they are consistant atleast, I would hope you would maybe take a step back and look at the big picture.

I don't care about Tracy at all, and it it appears other quality posters who defend him at this time do as well(Leeb, Tmac1, come to mind), we are just reasonable enough to recognize that he is the best SG we have atm.

I know this is going to blow your mind, but everyone not on the "Tracy must go at all costs" bandwagon you are carrying, isnt automatically a TOF.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No he is not the best SG, he is not healthy, and doesn't play defense.

Fair enough, sorry I lumped you in with everyon else, my humblest apologies.

DD

17. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

So basically what you're saying is McGrady shouldn't get any minutes...

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm not a "tmac groupie" by any means, but your opinions about him are ridiculously biased.

First of all, you kept on saying he's playing with no effort and playing like utter crap with his 7-8 minutes. This is such an exagerated statement because from what I saw of his limited playing time, he is putting in much effort. It is true he is sometimes lost on D but we can all agree that it takes time to adjust to the new system. What he did with those minutes are not "utter crap" at all.

plus, despite the fact he is no longer his oldself, and cannot penetrate or draw doubles as well as before, he is still much better offensively than anyone on the team in that position. (and im talking about RIGHT NOW) The only setback is probably his defence, but you can also argue that we sacrifice just as much offence playing Ariza or Battier.

I really don't see any harm in increasing his minutes to 15-20 minutes, it would definitely bring in some flow into the offence when Batteriza makes it look so stagnant.

and i think we shouldnt confuse Effort with effectiveness. Your argument for him not getting minutes is always he is not trying hard enough. Sure Ariza always busts his ass (we assume) everytime he is on the court, but he is really hindering the team's offence with what he is doing. and lets just say Tmac is not putting in 100% effort with these restriced minutes,he is still more effective than Ariza.

19. dunkinlos

dunkinlos Contributing Member

I don't buy the "he isn't healthy" argument.

I think Adelman is mentally breaking down McGrady from being a superstar to becoming a true team player.

Emphasis on trying... Mac's got undeniable talent. I was at the Clippers game and yes he was a step slower, but he looked good.

I don't agree that Taylor has "earned more minutes than McGrady" but Taylor and everyone else on the team is already "broken down." They already buy into the team concept.

I wouldn't call T-Mac a quitter either... but he's definitely fragile (mentally and physically) we all know that. If Adelman can make this work, the team will definitely be better for it. Props to Adelman for not caving in... and hopefully he can make this work.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not surprised that after all i wrote, you only replied to what you could answer and spin around into "an excuse". Please point out where tmac offered to go home on his own, against the wished of the team or staff. That's quitting. So far, i havent heard or read anything even close to that. All that was said is he returned home. Only DD would take that as "tmac decided to go home instead of sitting on the bench. He refused to be treated that way and decided not to be part of the team. The team urged him to stay, but tmac stated he's no longer part of the team."