1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Morey keep our picks or trade them for an established star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raven, Jun 27, 2012.

?

What should Morey do with our three picks?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2013.
  1. Keep our picks.

46.5%
  2. Trade our picks for an established player, probably a star.

53.5%
  1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

IF they can trade up and get two top ten picks I want them to keep them .... Barnes or Kidd-Gilchrist at 5 and Leonard at 8 .... would like to see them snag Ross at SG too.

Barnes / Kidd-Gilchrist gives you an athletic swingman who can defend and get to the rim.

Leonard gives you size and athleticism in the paint , something this team definately lacks - Not to mention he has some polish to his game when compared to all the other bigs in this draft save Davis.

Ross gives you size at SG with a silky smooth shot with range withthe ability to defend.

That draft gives McHale everything he's been asking for - a buncha guy's with size at their position with skill to boot.

The more I watch Drummond , the less I want him on this team.

His offensive game is piss poor. His shot mechanics are piss poor , often shooting from shoulder level rather than up high which is just asking for trouble.

Then you factor in the 27% FT shooting. His FT shot looks similar to his jumper - its more of a push , comes off very flat. Look at the Clippers having to take Griffin off the court because of his sub 60% ft shooting. Thought HackaShaq was bad .... this would be a whole new level of fail.

Might be able to fix it but .... might not but it wouldnt happen overnight if at all.

Another thing that concerns me is he doesnt put a body on guy's on the defensive boards allowing opponents to sneak in for easy put backs.I think this is the thing that bugs me the most .... the guy is 6'10" 260 .... and doesnt play like it.

The one thing I think he will excell at is defense where his lateral movement and quickness will serve him well in both one on one situations and against the PnR.

My projection - Ben Wallace. Definately not what you are looking for with the #5 pick.

What I'd like to see opening day at Toyota Center -

C Leonard / Camby / Smith
    PF Motejunas / Scola / Patterson
    SF Parsons / Barnes* / Morris
    SG C.Lee / Kidd-Gilchrist* / Ross
    PG Dragic / Ish Smith / Fortson

* One of the bold

2. Hui

Hui Member

Yeah throw in the Ipad to get him Morey!

3. cod

cod Member

complain about only getting mid-first round picks, can't get a superstar that way. now complain about trading away all these mid-first round picks for a superstar.

1 person likes this.
  4. OpportunityCost

I'd rather have the mid-first round picks, because at least they will still be here past next year. This is a deep draft. I say try and develop the talent.

5. allanivan

allanivan Member

Agree

6. cod

cod Member

no one but fans are thinking or saying it's star player deep. it's role player deep.

7. allanivan

allanivan Member

that's it, I say we try to trade for higer picks first, (#5, #7 or #8). I think Lowry is enough to get us either one of them. And then hold these four picks and draft Andre Drum, PJ III, Terrence ROss, QUincy miller. Trade Scola, Dalembert, and Martin to get as much assets we can. If we trade for DH and he leaves, and we then tank with a lot of cap room. That way, it takes a lot longer to rebuild.
    As a Rockets fan, I don't even want to have any player who does not want to be here to be a rockets family member. Lowry included as well. That is so not cool to us fans. Furthermore, I don't think we are able to lure D-will to come through free agency and Josh Smith single is not going to make DH happy in Houston cause he is not Dream and he does not have the heart to carry a team himself, and mark my words, he will destroyed rockets team chemistry with that stupid attitude that all the teammates are not good enough to play around him.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Any way we keep the 18th pick for the one, the only Jeff Taylor! ;)

I'm coming around to the idea of going all-in for Dwight/Deron.

The other option is to build through the draft per OKC. Only problem is that they had Top Five picks three out of four years. We are nowhere near being that bad unless we deplete assets acquiring D Howard.... and he bolts on us. Then we'd really be bad and "rise" to the top of the lottery.

Of course, if we sign D Williams to a 4-year max contract what is Howard going to do.... but sign with The Big H.

I can't help but think he would like to be associated with the franchise that offered the world Hakeem Olajuwon and Yao Ming and Ralph Sampson and Moses Malone and Elvin Hayes....

#28 giddyup, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Keep:mad::mad:Those:mad::mad:Picks!!!!!

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm tired of being the ugly chick of the league. Time for a makeover. Let's rebuild now.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

IF you can turn 14, 16 and 18 into a 5, that's worth doing.

But this team doesn't need another 14, 16, 18 added to the mix. The whole team is of that caliber. We have 14, 16, and 18's shooting out our rear ends.

You package those for veteran talent (preferably young)...or you package it for a higher spot in this draft. You don't add 3 more players to a team where you already can't find playing time for your guys.

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I hardly ever agree with your post. But you nailed it with this one.

I agree lets rebuild. The right way.

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The NBA is a Super Star league, other than maybe 10 players, the rest of the rosters are interchangeable pieces.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Whaaaaat???? You hardly agree with me???:p
    Seriously, if the Rockets do some serious scouting, they could get it right.

15. jvu

jvu Member

K mart + scola for smith?

Dragic 24
    Gordon 24
    Parsons 23
    Smith 26
    Drummond 18

pipe dream. i guess this is our best roster potential.

16. The Rocketeer

The Rocketeer Member

I'd rather get a star, rental or not. I'm tired of of the stagnancy. GO FOR BROKE!

17. rhmnyc

rhmnyc Member

keep the picks. This fascination with some monster player is overdone -- we had McGrady and Yao, and good complimentary players, and what did we get -- injuries. If you can package the 3 picks + Lowery and get 2 top 8 picks, plus the players we have, you might not win in 2012, but you've can build a foundation -- if you can get Howard for Martin & Scola + a pick, obviously, you do that if you can get Howard to sign -- but I believe its more important to have some stability -- Rox have to be willing to have a down season and build long term. Getting Howard for one year is an expedition to nowhere.

Get the best young players you can now for the long term -- don't overpay for Howard..

You have to ask yourself on any trade, why does the other guy want to trade with you?

I believe Morey and many Rox fans have become obsessed with getting an established superstar. In a deep draft,with the picks we have, and the willingness to trade our older players -- we should be able to pick up some strong foundational pieces. Do it.

1 person likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Go HAM or go the **** home.

We've gone too far!

19. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

This.

I'd rather play chicken with some of these spoiled crybabies than relent at this point.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

If we're just talking about 14/16, then trade the picks.

If we're talking about swapping those two picks + other stuff for higher picks, keep the picks.