1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Morey keep our picks or trade them for an established star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raven, Jun 27, 2012.

?

What should Morey do with our three picks?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2013.
  1. Keep our picks.

46.5%
  2. Trade our picks for an established player, probably a star.

53.5%
  1. Raven

Raven Member

Neither Gasol, Dwight, or Deron seem to enthusiastic about Houston, so to Hell with them. I think Morey should use Lowry to move up and draft a couple of high ceiling rookies. If he can get into the top five, Barnes or Drummond. If he can get into the top ten, Meyers or Zeller. If he doesn't move up, Henson, Lamb, or Perry Jones.

How you?

1 person likes this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

#14/#16/#18/dal1st..... meh...

ill take an established star...

of course you mean if the rumors come true and we get 2 top10 picks... well than, still meh... gimme established stars instead of unknown players...

3. AFS

AFS Member

Trade for Dwight and make him like it, damnit.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

With the current set of three picks that we have, we could address all of our problems on the team. A post presence, better(more) defense on the wing and added scoring. Then throw D-Mo into the mix.

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I would like that knowing what Howard thinks of Houston or Deron Williams for that matter. I cant stop the people from jumping off the cliff if they want to and see how high it is. They have been without stars for so long they want one already made and ready to go. To me the higher draft picks sound safer than the known stars for once. Only because Dwight and Deron might not show up. Literally. Other than that there is no doubt I want Deron and Dwight if they can get past wanting to shove themselves into their own ways. Its both frightening and exciting all at once. To me safer is the top draft picks.

Because really. How long would Dwight leaving us set us back again? Maybe longer than people think developing that high draft pick would take.

1 person likes this.
  6. jacoby

jacoby Member

The biggest problem on this team is a lack of a star player. The absolute last thing we need is 3 more role players who will struggle to find playing time. We're going big or going home. Dwight Howard or bust. Enough with this mediocrity.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm with you. People say you can't get high end players where they are drafting, but go look at who the rockets could've drafter in 98 and 01 with those picks.

1 person likes this.
  8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I want to draft and higher in this draft now. Dwight is a pipe dream. It might turn out real cruel to all of us if we get him. In fact I think the liklihood he makes it hurt when he leaves is higher than the chance of him staying. Thats not a good gamble when you already have so much more to work with guaranteed to stay with you at least. Its a bad gamble barring any assurances from Dwight. Morey is not good at gambling nor lucky enough to trust him with that high a gamble.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Do both, they will.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You do realize that a decent post defender would improve this team alone. Now add a scorer to replace Martin, because face it, if Martin and Lowry had not gotten injured or whatever, we would have made it to the playoffs. We still did good after they both went out.
    Last, you get a very good wing defender. Preferably a SG, or someone who can also play SG.
    But first try to get higher picks.

11. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

[​IMG]

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

There might be a lot of good players to be had, but they won't develop unless they have minutes and a defined role. The Rockets have a deep, if unspectacular roster. Since draft picks are often a bigger commodity than established players they are going to have to be included. The picks should be used to help nab an anchor player if it is possible. If they can't get Orlando to budge then I hope they take a gamble on Drummond. I think the Rockets have set themselves up nicely in any case.

13. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That depth you speak of is going to be replaced by the draftees. With some players being included in trades and others being cut, there will be just enough.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

The all white front court
    Meyers
    D mo
    Parsons

16. Trackball

Trackball Member

The draft is a crapshoot.
    Trade.

17. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Depends on whether the established star in question is actually a one-year rental.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Your thread is too specific. We're now hearing rumors about Gasol. Again. Gasol has become like a fungus that won't go away. The only treatment being common sense.

19. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Agreed...

... I basically said the same thing in an earlier post of mine.

If they trade up and get the Kings pick and the Raptors pick (but can't get Howard), I say get Drummond (if available) and then draft whomever looks to be the best running mate available to team up with him.

Gotta take a risk. Drummond could possibly be a bust but then again he might live up to his potential with the right coaching. Who knows?

Like I said, gotta roll the dice and take a big risk. If going all in fails to work, they can always blow the whole thing up, lose a lot for a few years and rebuild with early lottery picks...

If the Howard trade falls through, then draft Drummond and hope for the best...

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Even Lakers want to give us Gasol now. Thats how much you have to spend in this upcoming draft. Spend it on youth and hope to god Morey is as good at talent evaluation. There is chatter everyone wants what you have finally. Spend it wisely.