1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should McHale consider playing KJ McDaniels, Nick Johnson and Clint Capela more minutes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NBAandNFLFan, May 9, 2015.

1. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

considering that you know we are struggling with perimeter defense, and these kids are known for being pretty decent defenders.. if anything to try and change something up for game 4. McHale cant possibly send the same damn rotation out there again to the slaughter again can he

2. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

lol KJ? u know hes been out

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

Capella should steal some minutes from JLazy and TChoke

4. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

I think Canaan should play some more mins he can't possibly be worse than Terry.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yes, especially Johnson.

I understand these guys lack experience.

I understand they have made mistakes throughout the season.

I understand they have played in garbage time and don't look very good.

But Rivers is a perfect example of what an NBA player can do with some confidence in a competitive atmosphere. These guys are talented and can put up good games on any given night, if given minutes. I'm sure it's hard to do well when you're inserted into a game, with 3 mins left, and half the arena empty.

Put them in there, put them in situations they can succeed, and see what happens. Johnson always looks nervous out there. Completely different from the swagger he had in the summer. Give that guy a motivational speech or something. What's the worst thing that can happen, Rivers and Reddick kills us for nearly 60 pts and we lose by 20?

6. juanito713

juanito713 Member

Umm is this supposed to have a sarcasm font? Canaan is no longer with the Rockets.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

If u have time to make a thread, I'm sure you consider yourself a big fan, so you should know that KJ is out for the season & Capella isn't about to save nothing against big Blake/DJ if anything he needs to take a look at Dorsey using some fouls & putting a body on Griffen.

Reddick/terry has actually been in his face 50%+ of his makes he just has a good shot, reason why he's still in league getting paid and doc wanted him to play the Ray Allen position for his offense.

You just have to hope reddick is having a off night.

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I'd like to see Nick on Redick. If anyone can chase Redick all over the floor, it's him.

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Well they couldn't possibly do any worse and I'm sure they would actuality bring effort on D. I would give them minutes

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If McDaniels is available put him on Reddick, Paul, Rivers, and Crawford. Let's see what his acclaimed defense is like put to the ultimate test.

11. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

IMO chasing Reddick is way more than athleticism, it's the constant decision of 'should I go over or under this handoff screen?' It's a lot more about bball IQ, which I trust the veterans with over Johnson.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Maybe KJ can provide leadership in Street clothes :rolleyes:

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

53% 3pt shooting this series...

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's actually been in uniform lol

15. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

He should definitely play Capela more on Blake. Capela may not be strong but his length will bother Blake. Or play him on Jordan and Dwight with Blake.

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol! I thought he was officially done with that injury!! My bad.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He might be. I thought they said he was, but then he suddenly was in uniform. Maybe he's just there in case of an emergency.

18. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

JET gets jammed on those screens, more often than not, which forces the screener's man to over-extend & opens some things up for them.

I don't think it would hurt to give Nick a look.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

McDaniels is available? I thought he had a broken wrist? Heck, play them all. Could they do worse?

20. MiketheRocket

MiketheRocket Member

I am pretty sure I saw KJ suited up last game. His defense is awesome! I say play Nick and KJ some more as well. It is not like Terry can defend anyone for very long. Give him some rest and just bring him in to pop three's on fresh legs. I would say McHale would never do this but he did bring Capella into the rotation.