1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should mar1juana be Legal or stay Illegal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miracles Boys33, Jul 25, 2012.

?

Should mar1juana be Legal or stay Illegal

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Don't Care

13 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Can't vote until the OP rewords the question. Put down the bong before posting new threads, please.

It's practically legal where I live. Hard to believe people spend years of their lives in prison for growing or selling weed, or in some states, having weed. What a waste.

2. Eps

Eps Member

correcto. i see this happening as well; wasn't there a couple a while back who got hassled for growing veggies in their front yard? not sure if it was houston or somewhere else.
    crazy how the average person does not want to par-take in any cultivation for self reliance. which is essential to us IMO.
    my bad for ranting. lol:eek:

3. Eps

Eps Member

denver?

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Weed is basically legal in California. We still have so many people in our prisons that we passed a law last year that said you get sent to local jail unless you commit a serious or violent felony. Trust me, there are no shortage of criminals even without sending people away for pot. Hell, we don't even send people to jail for crack unless they are in sales, let alone send potheads to prison. This whole idea is pothead propaganda, just like the anti-drug propaganda from the government.

The booze/tobacco argument is stronger. Stronger still is the fact that old people vote more than young people, and old people right now are against legalization. When the '60s potheads are the old people, then MAYBE politicians won't be afraid of legalization.

Personally, I think it should be legal to put whatever you want into your body, be it booze, weed, coke, a penis, or a bullet. As long as you aren't infringing on the rights of others, the government has no business interfering with you.

1 person likes this.
  5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

A 20 year old that smoked pot in 1965 would be 67 years old now. That's old people, right?

Good post, btw.

6. supdudes

supdudes Member

YES

...wait what