1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should mar1juana be Legal or stay Illegal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miracles Boys33, Jul 25, 2012.

?

Should mar1juana be Legal or stay Illegal

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Don't Care

13 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

mar1juana policy is the single greatest injustice orchestrated by the government over the last 10-30 years.

No one can overdose on mar1juana. Over 50% (well over 50% IMO) favor the legalization. We NEED to generate income. Not to mention the burden this takes off of the jails, judges, policeman and overall paperwork and wasted hours/cash in the legal system. It would also allow us to shift our focus to where it should have been the entire time... meth/x/coke and etc.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

move this to the DD section?

3. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

what nonsense.

responsible drinking destroys your liver "inevitably"? smoking isn't the only way to ingest thc + no proven inevitable consequences to smoking an occasional joint.

4. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

oh, btw ...

free di herb!

5. HombreDeHierro

will it, though? Yeah, maybe if you're smoking 6+ blunts a day for years, then I can see a lot of lung damage..

but when you consider how much burnt plant matter the average MJ consumer really inhales, the stats pale in comparison to cigarette smokers. Then you have other methods of consumption such as edibles and vaporization so the lung argument really flies out the window.

Better to not do either because...? These two substances contribute to the flavors of life. Moderation and responsibility by adults is key for recreational use- when you have these you can extract the benefits of imbibing.

6. HombreDeHierro

people who say NO to everything are IMO, scared. They have been systematically programmed to be afraid of the feelings that certain drugs may evoke.

7. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Again, the problem is the jails DO want it. Especially the privatized jails. As long as they can overcrowd prisons with non violent drug users, their government contracts continue to increase exponentially.

It's illegal because it IS generating money for the government, and private corporations. A lot of it. Just not for us.

8. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

There is nothing to debate. What Francis said. The policy on mar1juana has no justifiable basis. Banning prescription drugs would make more sense than banning mar1juana.

Sorry, using scare tactics and/or misinformation is not what I'd call good parenting. edit: Let me back up a bit. Not giving in to peer pressure is commendable. Just that in this case there shouldn't be any pressure.

#28 eMat, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  9. Spooner

Spooner Member

You sure about that? Your very own tax money is going toward fighting a drug war that really doesn't exist. I would say it has an effect on us all.

Something for everyone to consider.

Why is difficult for children to get alcohol? Because it is legal and sold over the counter. You need a valid ID to purchase. I'm not saying young teens don't drink, it's just way harder to get alcohol then it is weed. Why is that? Because weed is sold by dealers who don't care about a person's age or well being. If it were legalized it would be much harder for children to access it as easily.
    When people say pot should stay illegal for the sake of children, ( and yes this argument is out there) they are delusional.

In any case, the sheer fact that alcohol is legal given the massive damage it causes to many areas of the human body or the fact that nearly everyone has had someone close to them die from smoking cigarettes is a complete joke.

Does the government ban substances because they are bad for us? Given the facts above pertaining to the devastating effects of alcohol and nicotine and the neutral to in many cases, beneficial ingredients in THC or psilocybin, this cannot be the case. If it was the case, what authority would the government have in telling us what we should or should not do with our bodies? Aren't we all self sufficient adults? If the government wants to make a profit by throwing people in jail for literally preferring one mindset to another, why would they want to outlaw plants from the earth such as mar1juana and Mushrooms. Drugs that actually expand your mind. I wonder why?

10. nguyen3706

nguyen3706 Member

All the weed head jocks used to be beat me up in high school, so I say no, it should stay illegal.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Prohibition of any kind is a joke. If someone wants to get a certain kind of high, they're going to be able to, legal or not. By this I mean script drugs or street drugs. It's very simple economics- high enough demand ($) causes the supply to be there.

There are huge businesses centered around the drug war. Insane amounts of money that go into the trillions. As mentioned previously, alcohol and tobacco, but also pharmaceutical (script drug abuse), prison companies, police and guard unions, gun manufacturers, and most importantly, crooked politicians that accept money in all forms to keep it all going.

So the issue isn't really drugs, it's the system that allows and thrives on prohibition in the first place. It's the dark side of capitalism.

#32 Xerobull, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  13. fmp087

fmp087 Member

They just need to decriminalize it.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Legal, won't happen though because you can't tax something that can be home grown.
    No tax money = illegal, its so stupid. Watch farming food become illegal in the future, or a tax law on farming be made.

15. Burko

Burko Member

This hits the nail on the head.

If they can't tax you for it, they wont legalise it.

16. JD88

JD88 Member

mar1juana is the cash crop in KY. Go figure.

17. jboslett

jboslett Member

This. Not at all difficult to grow good quality herb at home. Hell, you can find bag seed in a lot of the weed you buy. Failing that, you can easily order awesome seeds from overseas online.

18. No Worries

mar1juana is a multi-billion dollar crash crop in Northern California's Mendocino County.

I read it on the Internet, so it must be true.

19. No Worries

You can make beer at home (they sells kits on the Internet!), but I suspect most beer drinkers buy it at the store or the bar.

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Not sure I agree with this. It's also fairly easy to make alcohol at home. While there is a small percentage of the population that does this, I doubt it has made a dent in overall alcohol sales.