1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Lin play the final 5 minutes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wendzall, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

This is a young team, I think playoff experience would do good things to them. Sure we aren't ready to contend for the championship, but it's not like we should miss the playoffs just for that. We need to get some respectability back

2. Jovial

Jovial Member

I cannot figure about anther way to get rid of McHale. I never hate a coach so much. Arrogant and shameless

3. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

i dont get how people hate a coach who has us bound for the playoffs...

4. timyeung

timyeung Member

Sorry, you didn't show me anything. You just showed me an article that I was already aware of that was denounced by almost every reader in the comments section.

5. Jovial

Jovial Member

If it's not McFail, we're at position 6 or better. We have such a fan team to watch. But McFail spoiled so many games

6. timyeung

timyeung Member

We're a rookie team with a rookie coach that has no business contending for the playoffs, yet here we are. Everyone is learning on the job, including McHale, Lin, Harden, etc. It's kinda cool watching the team slowly develop, and that includes the coach too. Hopefully, McHale will learn to trust his starters. Enjoy the ride, dude.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Rockets might be better, might be worse without McHale. But one thing for sure everyone is pretty much in agreement that the Rockets currently are over achieving His substitutions is questionable at times but the overall results is positive so I can't hate too much.

8. langal

langal Contributing Member

How is mchale a rookie coach?

9. timyeung

timyeung Member

This is McHale's third year as coach. I guess I consider him a rookie compared to all the other more experienced coaches with several more years of experience. My bad.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I disagree. We may be surpassing expectations but "overachieving" seems to imply that our record is better than the talent we have on our team and I disagree. I think each of the starters are very very talented and we could've had an even better record with another coach who substituted better maximizing out talent. Putting less talent out on the court, in the long run, is a recipe for disaster and our coach has been flirting with strange substitutions for a while now. We are talented and hungry. Make no mistake about that.

1 person likes this.
  11. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

I understand if McHale views Lin as a rookie and treating him like one. I understand it's why he chooses to go with 10 year veteran Patrick Beverley.

Oh wait

12. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

Why? We've got Harden to go ISO.

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Lin should play with Harden as much as possible. It is how they develop court awareness, I don't know how McHale is still tinkering the lineup.

14. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Inflated egos aren't specific to English speakers, but an egotist like yourself may disagree.

15. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Seems you're quite insecure and immature to boot.

16. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

I've said it before, these chickensh!t posters can't say they hate Lin because they know they'd get crucified, so they pick an easy proxy - the anonymous LOF. Like the guy that preface every hate thread, well I'm asian too so you can't say I'm irrationally hating on another Asian. Asians can hate on Asians too - checkout the Chinese vs the Japanese. Plus what is Asian? An indian is much different from a Philipino, yet both are Asian.

17. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

You mean a "loss".

18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I'm with you. He's not as seasoned as some of the other coaches out there, like the Van Gundys, and has a good bit to learn as a pro coach.

19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

He just lost Patterson, Morris, Aldrich, and Douglas, then received a number of brand new players in return. Of course we're going to see lineup tinkering, and probably throughout a playoff series as they try to create mismatches.

20. jocar

jocar Member

Stick with the hot hand, whoever that is.
    I would've liked to see Lin in 4th quarter after the offense went stale.