1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Lin play the final 5 minutes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wendzall, Mar 7, 2013.

1. hahachui

hahachui Member

We should play him

How can he improve his game if we don't put him in clutch time?
    If rockets don't believe in young guys, we better trade him and get someone back

2. timyeung

timyeung Member

3. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Straight up, if you think Lins defense sucks or that Lin isn't heads and shoulders above Beverley, I question your basketball knowledge and seriously doubt you've watched all the games.

Can Beverley be given more minutes depending on the game at hand? Of course. Does Beverley sometimes provide a spark off the bench? You betcha. Is it up to McHale to decide who gets to play? Unquestionably. But to now say Beverley and Lin are of a similar level?? You guys either lack basketball sense or are compromised by Stephen A. smith and the like, pretty much showing where you fit in the IQ spectrum.
    Smh.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I suspect McHale might not have been happy with Lin only having 3 assists through the 3rd qtr.

5. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

judging by all your posts here you're the one b*tching and moaning the most about having to deal more fans and new members who post statistics to back up their opinion. You're the one going one with the long winded bleeding vagina paragraphs going ham on posters who back up their opinion with stats.

Just because you've been here longer doesnt mean you have some moral authority on what a fan is and what a fan shouldnt be.

Get off your high horse you conceited c*ck munk.

You're no moral authority on fandom.

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

7. Jovial

Jovial Member

I wish McFail would keep Lin out for the rest of the games. And Rox fails to get into playoffs. Then we can have a better coach for sure.

It will be really hurting if we get another star in summer and McFail is still here.

8. timyeung

timyeung Member

9. munco

munco Member

Right now Lin is a much better player than Beverley so he should be closing out the games. It's that simple. As they say, it doesn't matter who starts it matters who finishes. It's a bit disturbing that Lin hasn't played a minute of the fourth quarter in the past three games. Granted one game was that monster blowout of Dallas.

10. wapz

wapz Member

:( i want the rockets to make it to the playoffs. im sure mchale will start changing his plans, especially how ppl are starting to notice.

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

And here ladies and gentlemen is a rockets fan wishing we don't make the playoffs just to get rid of someone. Great fans we have

12. rocketsmetalspd

IF Lin and Asik are going to become more than just role players they should be allowed to learn how to finish off games and the last 5 minutes of every game will help them do that.

It is a waste of given them the big deals if they are not allowed to developed into key players for the team.

13. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Yeah the highlight of that article posted on 11/28 was about how once the league decided to defend Lin, linsanity died a quick death... And oh right two weeks after that article was posted Lin happened to drop 38 against the spurs.

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

As a young developing starting point guard whose supposed to be an integral part of the Rockets franchise for the future, Lin must be playing in the 4th quarter. At his age, many of the point guards are still learning to develop and these moments are crucial for them. Lin continually getting inconsistent minutes is hugely stunting his evolution and development as a player. Young point guards need this 4th quarter experience to learn and grow. Him being on the bench only lowers his confidence. I think everyone agrees that Lin is an upband down player with incredible upside. But if the Rockets keep playing him in this manner he will never grow as a consistently solid top 10 PG which we all in some degree believe he can be. Thus, not only does putting Lin in help the team (he is much better than Beverley, although I do love Beverley) but it also helps Jeremy grow into that top tier point guard which will also reap huge benefits for the Rockets in the future

15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

So when a player has a good game with 38 points that completely makes everything before that void? Logical thinking. I said the article was an older article, just like the person i quoted was posting an article from last season. Just showing you that you can go off of old things to try to validate the current.

Lin is doing better than he was back when that article was published you'd have to be crazy not to realize that. but are we getting this "Linsanity" everyone was hyped about last year? No. and you're crazy if you think we are. Reporters never refer to him a Linsanity, and they haven't in a while minus the game he had against the spurs and maybe another game or two. Also 90% of the comments on there were from Lin fans. They seem to migrate to places across the web that have anything to say about Lin that isnt speaking about how all mighty he is.

16. Cynops

Cynops Member

Take it easy, I'm for Lin playing the 4th Q this past game. My eye test does't say much as to who is better, which is why I asked for stats. A more complete picture will maybe give insight into how wrong or right or questionable McHale's substitutions are. I suspect their defense overall aren't too far apart and even if Beverley's is better, it won't be so much better that he should play in crunch time over Lin, given Lin's better offense. I just want some stats to back me up. So I'm on your side.

17. Jovial

Jovial Member

ppl said it's not important for Rox to get into playoffs this year, since rox won't go far.

But McFail is always a problem. Remember his poor decisions in Q4 costed rox the playoffs last year. See how frustrated Lowry and Lee! Never want to see such a tragedy again and again. So, fire him as soon as possible. Don't waste our talents any more.

18. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

people underestimate that Lin was playing against sub par competition with the lock out shortened season....that contributed to the Linsanity stretch..

i like other should agree...that the quality of basketball this season is yards above what i had to endure last season..

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No, he souldn't play the last 5 minutes. I'm not even sure he should play the first 5 minutes.

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Jeremy Lin deserves better fans!

But that’s just not the way it works. It’s just buying into the team