1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should i get nba 2k7?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crazyguypete, Sep 22, 2006.

1. crazyguypete

crazyguypete Member

As you all are well aware NBA 2k7 is coming out next week and I have been debating on whether to purchase it or not. I dont know if I should be devoting soo much time to video games (When NBA 2k6 came out I played the game for two nights straight getting about 4 hours of sleep in two days... yea i get addicted to these things). Also I currently own a ps2 and have been considering getting an X BOX 360. Then again I own an old school TV and i hear you wont get the whole X BOX experience without an HD TV. So my question is this. Should i buy NBA 2k7 (if its a good game)? If I buy it should i buy it just for the ps2 or should i also purchase an X BOX 360? If i purchase an X BOX 360 should i buy a bundle package? ( I know its smarter to get the one with the 20GB hard drive but I mean one packaged with games). And if I buy an X BOX 360 should I get an HD TV?

2. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

i got a 360 and i am definitely buying nba2k7. 2k7 is much better for us true basketball freaks and live is arcadish and suited for kids.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

where's the poll?

i wouldn't do it. spend more time in conversation with your family, playing with your kids, making time for your friends, your wife.

exercise, stretch, smell the roses, and the morning coffee.

watch the sunset/rise.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

PS2... a few months after Xmas, and you'll be surprised to find a cheap HDTV in your price range.

5. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I wouldn't if you already have 2K6, unless you have money to burn. 2K6 was awesome and you can always create Spounalis and the other rookies and trade for Shane. That's what I plan on doing anyways. It gets too costly and time consuming. Plus I got FIFA World Cup...wow, that is the greatest soccer game ever, PERIOD. I spend most of my free time on that.

6. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

Theres not that big of a difference between 2k6(360) and 2k7(360)...Just a few extra animations and all the players shoot with their actual form

7. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Since we're talking about the NBA Live series....
    Was anyone else disappointed with NBA Live 2006 on PS2?? Since I absolutely love 2005 and I find myself rarely playing '06. I don't know if it's me but the graphics for '06 seemed too cluttered.

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

yeah, just update the rosters yourself.

chances are the 07 rosters/ ratings wont be up to snuff anyway.

Then wait for the game to fall in price. The only way I would buy the game for full price is if you really really really want the online experience.

9. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Nevermind, I misread the thread title. I thought we were talking about NBA Live. :(

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Or the rookies...and a less hairy Steve Nash.

By the way, I voted to just get 2k7 for PS2. No reason to break the bank if you're not even sure you should be spending so much time playing games.

11. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

Why are you awake? If you are ever going to play it on a next gen system, dont get the old one, it will ruin it for you and you wont be able to go back to it