1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Should Houston Look To Sign Some Players From Summer League?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Jul 22, 2001.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

Sean Colson has been incredible during the summer league and may have earned himself a spot on the team. Any chance Houston will look to sign him?

------------------
    "I would like to live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were ever supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
    -Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

2. Band Geek Mobster

If we lose Hakeem and not sign any free agent centers like Marc Jackson, then I could easily see the Rockets signing Axel Dench to provide fouls off the bench at the center position.

If I remember correctly, the only reason we signed Colson last season was due to injury problems with Moochie. I don't see the Rockets having 3 PG's on their roster at the beginning of the season. If one of our guards got hurt (PLEASE GOD NO!), Sean might be the first person the Rockets call if another team doesn't already have him signed.

------------------
    So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking,
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

[This message has been edited by Pete Rose Mobster (edited July 21, 2001).]

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Definitely Axel Dench. The Rockets must have some Aussie in them.

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

Keep the ???? alive!

The ZRBucks!

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

IMO, it's certain the Rocks will keep Colson -- he'll basically be an insurance policy in case Mooch or Steve goes down. I know Rudy really liked his effort and game, and Cuttino spoke very highly of him, and responded as if Colson was part of the team already.

------------------
    I'm looking for a job, so hire me

"And I just have to smile and say 'well, I hope so' while I'm really thinking inside how I'd like to just strangle them and take their job."