1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Hill start at PF next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LifeisButaDream, Mar 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. LifeisButaDream

Yes as of right now for this team.But next season we well have AB/martin/Ariza/Scoa/Yao.With Yao being not 100% and with AB/martin in the back court that puts a lot of pressure on Yao to protect the paint.Who do you think will take that pressure off of Yao to protect the paint?Hill or Scola?If you know your basketball the answer should be easy.

2. HookemHorns1250

Listen, I love Hill's potential as much as the next guy, but lets slow down a bit. He's still raw, and has a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball.

Hopefully he'll continue to get some playing time, even when DA comes back, but I still want Scola starting next season.

3. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I peg Hill as more of a backup C for now.

4. LifeisButaDream

No.People over rate Offense too much.Everybody whats to talks about keeping the Defense honest.What about keeping the Offense honest. :mad:

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think Hill should start at C to replace Hayes this season.

6. monster

monster Member

Lol..Hill has 2 decent games and Scola gets demoted. It's way too early to tell if Hill deserves a chance to strat. My guess is no. It's Scolas job, and hopefully Hill can show that he's a strong player off the bench.

7. LifeisButaDream

I am not talking about HillvsScola. I am not talking about protecting our best player our only star who has miss a whole season.Who will not be 100% to start the season.We need to protect the paint and YAO.Its best for our TEAM! Why don't people understand this :confused:

8. zilches

zilches Member

I can't speak for everyone, but I am just not as smart as you are.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow. He has had two solid games off the bench and you're ready to give him Scola's job? And that's without even knowing if we'll land a guy like Bosh in trade?

Wow.

10. HookemHorns1250

Because you are suggesting that Hill is some defensive force. Which he isn't, not yet. He's gotten lost quite a few times on defense so far, which is expected from such a young, raw player, but could hurt your defense, rather than help it.

You can't throw an athletic body out there and just expect him to be able to be a threat down low on defense.

11. LifeisButaDream

Is Socla a defensive force?So you think he will be lost after a offseason training camp and preseason?I dont.

12. LifeisButaDream

WOW.You think Bosh want to come here and be a defensive force and protect the paint and YAO and do all the dirty work that we need from one of our bigs spots?I don't.

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Hell no. Scola's game complements Yao's very well offensively which goes a long way to help combat this dreaded fronting crap that continues to plague us. I hope Hill succeeds as much as anybody here, but the fact of the matter is he still has a LOT to learn before he's starter caliber. I like the fact that he's producing and contributing right now while he's still figuring things out, but let's not let two solid games against opponents that probably hadn't even bothered to scout him get the best of our common sense here. Scola has been and will continue to be our man at the four, barring anything unexpected.

14. amaru

amaru Member

Probably not.

Hill (if he's not traded) looks like he's gonna be the new "Landry like" player of the bench.

Meaning that he'll hustle and scrap

But hey he is a legit 6'10. Put a lil more muscle on that frame and it will be all good

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think he'll be looking for the best possible situation. And it's yet to be determined where that will be. But I don't see why he'd have any reason playing beside Yao. I also don't think he'd necessarily have to defer to Yao.

16. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I hope he doesn't end up with Carl Landry's old role for future.

17. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Certain hall-of-famer? I vote yes...

18. Hball

Hball Member

Agreed, I like his defensive potential, with his length and athleticism I can see him changing a lot of shots at the rim.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Probably not, unless he is ridiculously impressive throughout the rest of the season. But it's possible he could win a Landry-type role.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He should be the running big in the untempo second unit.