1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Hill start at PF next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LifeisButaDream, Mar 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. LifeisButaDream

I know its to early to say this but i think with the games left this year and with a whole off season and training camp.I think Hill will be ready to start for us and would be the perfect 4 to put next to Yao.Also with Brooks and Martin in the back court and Yao not being 100% at the start we need someone like Hill who can protect the paint and help Yao from getting in to foul trouble.What do y'all think?

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I think Its to early, like you said there's no telling what the rockets are gonna do this off-season.....

However I wouldn't mind him starting at center for the remainder of this season !!!! ;)

--RB

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

probably start at the all star game next year. i don't think it's too early to say that.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No. We still don't know how good Hill actually is. Less than a handful of games with limited minutes and some are ready to declare him the starter for next season? Hell, let's hope he ends up being a solid backup for the position next year. That would be huge and not at all something we can count on. This thread, however, is absurd.

5. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

Ummm, Scola?

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

Rocket fans are the king of knee jerk reactions.

7. Yak

Yak Member

HE SHOULD START FOR THE WESTERN ALL-STAR TEAM NEXT YEAR!

Seriously though, I hope this guy becomes something special as much as the next, but it's neither fair for us, the fans, nor Hill that we dub him as a starter for a playoff bound team next year. He's shown us that he may have New York insulted him by not playing him in the few games that he's played well for us, but nothing more. He's a rookie, so there's still plenty of time for him to develop, or not develop in many cases.

Plus, it's insulting to that Argentinian guy that happens to play on our team and gives 100% every night.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Depends on the hand, no?

[​IMG]

9. LifeisButaDream

Well we know he has quick feet and the size length cover a lot of ground.We know he can rebound and run the floor and play decent post D.We know he has a 15 foot jumper.He is only going to get better.What else do you what to know?

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

No. People over rate potential too much.

11. LifeisButaDream

Think TEAM people not players :mad: .If starting Hill makes us a better TEAM.Then we should do what best for the TEAM not players.

12. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

We have no idea how good, how fast, he will be, but I think it is within the realm of possibility that he becomes the starter some time next season.

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

WORD!!!! FO REALZ! If Hill starts for the WESTERN ALL-STAR TEAM, it will be better for the TEAM!!!!

14. LifeisButaDream

I have been right about Hill all along and will continue to right about him.

15. cml750

cml750 Member

He should start the rest of this season at center so we can see how much he improves with playing time. I think he should get between 30 -35 a game the rest of this season. We aren't going anywhere this season so there is nothing to lose however with the experience he gets there could be a lot to gain. We can see how he does this year and the off season before deciding whether he starts next season.

16. LifeisButaDream

I don't think RA would ever do that unless it came form Morey

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

When the Rockets get knocked out the playoffs next year, it will be Adelman's stubbornness for not starting Hill, right?

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

We've seen him play 20+ minutes in 2 GAMES so its WAY to soon to say whether he could be a starter next season even with an offseason/training camp. I doubt he would start next year either because we would probably have picked up a stud PF or resigned Scola, both are better options.

19. LifeisButaDream

If Hill is not traded he will start sometime next season BOOK IT! :eek:

20. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Scola is better than him