1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Favre be Benched?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by rocketsjudoka, Nov 21, 2010.

?

Should Brett Favre be benched?

1. Yes, bench him he is hurting the Vikings more than helping.

23 vote(s)
    76.7%
  2. No, he is the Vikings best option.

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are talking about it on the local news here in Minneapolis after the terrible performance put up by the Vikings today. At the moment most of the fan anger is directed at Childress but in my opinion Favre should be benched before Childress is fired.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Favre isn't benched this week, Childress should step down immediately or Zygi Wilf should just fire him.

I can see an argument for one more week. But I could argue back that if the Vikings season has any chance at all to be salvaged, Favre definitely isn't up to the task.

I'm a huge believer in Aaron Rodgers and picked the Packers to make the Super Bowl. I only saw part of this game. But it's clear the Vikings aren't putting out for Childress. Their defense made Rodgers look like Superman out there. Their offense cannot function with Favre being this pathetic. Something fresh needs to happen this week.

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I'm the biggest Brett Favre fan around.....and it should be considered.

....but T. Jackson will do no better.....the Vikings just suck this year....from O-line to the coaching staff.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

No, he should be waived/released.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

How do they know he's the "best chance" they have at winning if 1-they havent tried Tavaris, and 2-they aren't even winning?

6. Tizz

Tizz Member

He shouldn't be benched, but they should be running Petersen about 30-35 times per game. Cut down on Favre's throwing and change the offense to be more centered around AD.

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Yes he should be benched and i dont even like the viking but i hate to see talent being wasted on a old QB that can't move any more.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Hate to say a legend should be benched but honestly the Vikings' season has been a major disappointment and Favre is a large reason why. TJax could at least get some snaps with the players that will be there next year and show what he's learned the last two seasons watching Favre, the good at least.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If he is benched, would he even show up to practice/ games or would he just retire?

I'm glad it ended like this. The dude is so full of himself.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I don't think he'd allow himself to be benched, he'd just retire before that would happen.

I am also in total agree about your 2nd statement. :grin:

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I never hated him when he was in Green Bay. He seemed like a good guy and great QB. Who knew he was such a douche, on so many levels?

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Tavaris Jackson was a starter two years ago and the Vikings finished 10-6. Although he missed 8 games in the middle with an injury when he came back he still played pretty well.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I never liked Favre and always believed him to be a douche.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ditto but I'm a life long Bears fan so I'm hardly an impartial observer.

15. Major

Major Member

I would argue they should be running Toby Gerhart a bunch. RBs have a limited lifespan - the last thing you want to do is waste Peterson's on a failed year. I'd keep him fresh for next year.

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I've always thought he was overrated myself.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sure he should they should start playing for next year, and he is not a part of that....of course, Childress isn't either so........

DD

18. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

hells yeah...with Childress out, its all over...bench his sorry arse

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

JasonLaCanfora Frazier says he's sticking with Brett Favre as starting QB "without hesitation."

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think minnesota, including farve, will play better when childress is fired. the dude has no respect from the team.

PS - let peterson have 40 carries if farve sucks like his. any sane coach would do that. it's like minny is getting blown out repeatedly where they have to throw to come back into games.

i can't believe peterson is going unnoticed liek this; he could have a GREAT year if they use him right. god.