1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Dwight Howard be given a proactive blood thinner during his recovery?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tfor3, Feb 20, 2015.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

I'm not a doctor, but I'm a Count, and I do not think that would be very wise.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

Rat posion was an old day favourite, now days they may use new oral blood thinner
    "dative train". The scary part about CB that one of the possibility if he had a fracture that may be fat emboli. which is really hard to treat and guess what as long as if it not a cancers is still a good news.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I'm sure the Rockets medical staff, which is based in the largest and most progressive medical center in the world doesn't need our advice.

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

I'm sure all that compression gear he wears should help lol

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, he should not be given a prophylactic anticoagulant during his recovery. He is not going to develop a PE.

6. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I always like to get my medical advice from a sports fan forum.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

You dont give people "proactive" (think you mean prophylactic) blood thinners...Even chronically taking aspirin over time has bad consequences(ulcerative disease, renal disease, etc.) ...and always consult physicians for your medical advice...not internet sports forums. Thank you!

This concludes my public service for the day. - IBTL

1 person likes this.
  8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If I had an ortho issue I would definitely go to Cloak n Dagger from Texanstalk. Free medical consultation! I could pull an Arian and upload my MRI too.

9. Nook

Nook Member

He should eat lots of boiled eggs. The body does not break down eggs and the flow through the blood and veins as whole pieces, knocking out any blood clots. It works really well.

Also he should take a page from my middle eastern brothers and drink his first pee in the morning. It is chalked full of minerals and nutrients and would let Howard's knees heal by treating his inflamed heart. The heart is sucking all of the padding out of his knees and joints to feed it's need to get bigger. It is called Alzheimer's and is a terrible disease, Magic Johnson has it.

10. StrawberryJamm

If they listened to me Yao Ming would still be ball in with robot legs.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

^^ ha ha

Well, all the strong comments are very valid. I know we have a great med staff and med ctr. However, after hearing about Bosh I started to worry about D12.

I'm sure he is in good hands

Feel free to lock.

Thx to all that provided responses here

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

There is a stark difference between discussions of prescribing medication and discussions of roster building.

13. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Now that you mentioned "random stuff", wouldn't it make more sense to try some 10W-40 to the knee?

14. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Ok, you represent the 2%. First of all, you wouldn't give someone a blood dinner unless they have undergone a extremely invasive procedure, on lengthy bedrest, pre-existing cardiac issues such as atrial fibrillation or history of deep vein thrombosis etc. No, he does not need a blood thinner - no extremely invasive procedure, he is mobile, and no over 70 years of age. So my my question is why you would ask this question and why would you propose a blood dinner? His issue is cartilage or lack of and there is a possibility for a cadaver implant which could possibly help him tremendously but the rehab is closer to a year. They are looking for short term fixes at this time to have him ready for the playoffs.....

15. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

That was funny.....wish I could edit but you guys are pretty smart and get the gist....

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Being a doctor (one of dunk, mind you), I believe he should be given voluminous amounts of blood thinner so as to ... thin his blood voluminously. And subsequently, he should be sprayed with Lysol as a form of decontamination PRN, QD, BID, FICA, FHA, DMV.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Even aspirin is some strong **** from I remember learning. Irreversibly inhibits COX 1 and 2, doubt it would be approved by the FDA in today's day and age.