1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should ATW be banned or controlled on this forum

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Nov 1, 2014.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I ask all the time. Old testament God was a genocidal b****. I'm sorry that I'm so matter of fact with my criticism of the Abrahamic religions but people would say the same about any other individual who allegedly performed the acts by God in the old testament however since God is some infallible entity it's "bigotry" and unwarrented hatred when I call out God's alleged past genocides.

#121 fchowd0311, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236:

Narrated Hisham's father:

"Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old."

I am Islam's worst enemy? l, an apostate who is critical of Islam and who hasn't ever infringed on another individual's natural rights? Not those who claim to be Muslim who behead journalists and displace thousands from their homes? Your statement tells plenty about your priorities and your frame of reference with morality.

#122 fchowd0311, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  3. Nook

Nook Member

This.

The Old Testament especially is full of Jews committing horrific acts and God is a very violent and vengeful actor.

Then the New Testament came....

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

Bukhari hadeeth you brought is proven to be week, when using calculation , this hadeeth among a few other hadeeths were dismissed by many .

Speaking of worst enemy stuff, I was referring to boko haram ,ISIS and such ..

5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Let's not ignore this fact

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Religion is so ridiculous.

1 person likes this.
  7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

we've got 6 year olds in sydney preaching death to obama.

don't tell me there isn't something fundamentally wrong with the religion.

8. Andrew Wiggins

You believe god is a flip flopper?

Wiggins out.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Congrats - you are matching extremism with ignorance and more extremism.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2014/10/31/islam-taught-in-classroom/18224863/

10. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Lol, ironically this turns into another Muslim thread.

11. SeabrookMiglla

as long as ive been on this forum- and have occasionally stopped through D&D and have read ATW's BS from time to time

which i completely dont agree with for the most part when it comes to islam as a religion.

i will say banning posters on the internet is censorship at its worst. even if they clearly are bigoted or using slurs

that is their right

so long as they are not going off personally threatening people etc.

id rather someone be upfront and real with me about their views than to hide behind curtains.

i feel it is more real and makes for a much more interesting debate.

political correctness in the internet and in society is getting way annoying

if you dont want to hear what he has to say then dont read/respond or just click the block thing

12. Buck Turgidson

Don't they know he's a Muslim? Get them kids some FoxNews pronto.

1 person likes this.
  13. downbytheriver

No irony in that. thread was started by a muslim who didn't want his daisy and lillies view of islam shattered by NEWS ARTICLES. you can't play stalin in the 21st century and try to send everyone with a question off to the gulags. you have to stand your ground and be accountable. i am a big fan of transparency-- anyone who brings awareness to an issue the media is too afraid to touch is good in my book.

14. Buck Turgidson

Respect.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No this thread wasn't started by a Muslim. What are you talking about?

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol. Sweet 4 Lou got absolutely destroyed. Thanks for the laugh. That was a good read

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

My beliefs have always been for a pluralistic society. If you mean New Yorker that was playing devil's advocate. This forum is called Debate and Discussion so I debated positions that weren't my own. For the last 7 years though I have been genuine in my posts.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I actually think it's different - he seemed to be kind of hateful towards Muslims, which I am not (even though some people keep trying to insinuate that I am).

My beef is with the ideology of political Islam and the resulting manifestations of intolerance. My beef is not with Muslims themselves - unless they personify the manifestations of intolerance, and represent actions and opinions I cannot accept - but even then, I don't hate them, I just don't agree with them. I'm actually trying to grasp how one could change the opinions of those who aren't completely lost (like ISIS) about topics like freedom of speech, freedom of religion, treatment of women, treatment of minorities, etc.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

ATW - investing this kind of time and energy into attacking me, by going through stuff that might be approaching a decade old - is approaching a level of obsession that I don't think is healthy. And honestly, it's a bit abnormal.

I suggest you take some time and think about what you are really trying to accomplish. I don't think you are making either one of us look good here.