1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should American Jews feel threatened?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Nivos, Feb 27, 2017.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There has been a significant increase in anti-Jewish sentiment after the influx of Muslim refugees in Europe.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure the guy who owns a liquor store on or next to a college campus is truly worried about little miss Spartacus' revolt.

Anyway, this is a good representation of where a good deal of the college aged left is at these days. They get indoctrinated with nonsense that they aren't smart/wise enough to realize is propaganda and they immediately head out into the real world trying to spread it to others and are hateful when people don't lap it up like they did.

The good news is that some of these kids grow up at some point and start to realize the error of their ways.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Data doesn't indicate a surge. Not enough data in 2017 to indicate much of anything yet. Has been on a decline, before an uptick in 2015. 2016 is about the same as 2015.

http://www.adl.org/press-center/pre...udit-anti-semitic-incidents.html#.WLTEMDsrJhE

Overall, anti-Semitic incident totals in the U.S. are historically low, according to ADL, which has been keeping track of anti-Semitic incidents since 1979. During the last decade, the number of reported anti-Semitic incidents peaked at 1,554 in 2006 and has been mostly on the decline ever since.

In 2015, anti-Semitic incidents were reported in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Those incidents are categorized in the ADL Audit as follows:

• Assaults: 56 incidents reported in 2015, compared with 36 in 2014
    • Vandalism: 377 incidents in 2015, compared with 363 in 2014
    • Harassment, threats and events: 508 incidents in 2015, compared with 513 in 2014

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I've never once used the N word.

I love calling you out for your desperate lies. Just shows your inability to argue the actual content.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I guess, but they're also the most prolific and best-mobilized social activists in the country's history, so they'll probably be fine.

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

• Muslims.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"Israel" and "Jewish" are not synonymous. You can support Israel without being Jewish, and you can be Jewish without supporting Israel.

America has almost as many Jews as Israel.

Israel has about the same philosophy of killing people as the U.S. does. So we cooperate with them in killing people a lot.

It should be noted, though, that the Old Testament "an eye for an eye" philosophy, which Israel uses for the purpose of murder, was repudiated by Jesus ("turn the other cheek.") "An eye for an eye" is not Christian.

#27 sirbaihu, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

All Americans should feel threatened . This lack of transparency , contradictions with the media , and partisanship is the worst many Americans have ever experienced .

Sure, the buildup has been in motion since Obama took office , but it is all coming to a head now .

There are so many difficulties facing our country and the world as a whole . However , it feels like we've been stuck in the mud and perhaps taken a step backwards .

My mom who lived in Mexico for 8 years said this election reminded her of ones she experienced over there 30+ years ago .

The whole system seems rife with corruption and this president has not done a single thing to quell Americans fears . In fact I would argue he has purposefully done the opposite .

The leadership and government in this country is failing to represent and reflect the people . For too many years , the populace has held minimal interest in the workings of our government (likely due to the rancor of politics)

To me , the political parties of today (especially republicans ) manifest the worst qualities of parties in that they seek power and control above all else .

Nothing gets done , the world is in the midst of a technological evolution and we are sitting idly by to the detriment of our people .

Jews should be scared , Muslims should be scared , the middle class should be scared , other minorities should be scared , poor people should be scared . This is a government for the elite and only the elite . Maybe the last administration was too , but the brazenness of trump night actually help the people realize how much we are getting the shaft and stand up for something . At least I can hope .

Deckard and sirbaihu like this.
  9. bigtexxx

You guys are seriously a joke.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Why shouldn't we be scared ? According to trump radical Muslims pose an incredibly dangerous threat to our country . Our national defense isn't good enough to prevent a terror attack !! We could be hit at anytime !!

The amount of reported anti Semitic threats being reported has drastically increased

Surely blacks will be worse off now that their buddy Barack is gone ?

Surely without democrats in power , the poor will have to work now that they no longer get a free ride ?

The situation for the middle class is going downhill and has been for a while .

Can you name one policy trump has proposed and enacted that is remedying any of these conditions ?

11. bigtexxx

Under Obama all of these things worsened. ISIS-inspired attacks came to our shores. The anti-Semitic threats increased (Trump has been president for a month and you're already forming trends, just LOL at your terrible logic), middle class situation worsened, and blacks were shot by police for being black (according to the experts at BLM!)

Trump has been in place for a month -- you look like a complete fool.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This one really isn't about Trump. I kinda think some people might be emboldened by a Trump victory, but it's not like Trump is ordering bomb threats on JCCs and vandalization of cemeteries. I don't think Trump is antisemitic. But, apart from Trump, Jews are being threatened. My local JCC has gotten numerous threats.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yes it is about Trump. Why do you think people are "emboldened by a Trump victory"? It's because he makes it normal to say Mexicans are rapists, to call for a ban on Muslims, to grab women by the p***y.

OK, let's give "liberal" culture some credit too. Just the way "fat is beautiful" now, and trans and every variety of thing is OK, now the ignorant are saying "I'm a racist and I'm OK! I say n****r: don't judge me!" It's a low intellectual problem, but it seems to be real.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....because they are stupid people? I mean, that would be my guess.

15. Nivos

Nivos Member

Thanks, thats what interest me more as well.
    I'm less inclined to believe it's got to do with Trump's election because it's been going for a couple of years now.
    However I do understand why people with anti-Semite ideology feel more comfortable to express their ideas in public recently.
    The undercurrent that I feel is that the old notion of Jews controlling the media and the banks is still the main reasoning of hatred, as it's been the story for centuries.
    I see it much more recently, with the 'aluminati' conspiracy's, even from pseudo intellectual liberals.
    The 'Protocols of the elderly of Zion' is still the base of all Anti Jewish agenda.
    I've experienced it many times when I was living in the states and now living in Europe.
    So the undercurrent is always there, and the only thing that stops it from being out in the open is what 'socialy acceptable' at the time.
    I'm not for or against Trump administration. There have been some concerning signs and some encouraging signs. But there is something in the undercurrent of Trump statements and rethoric violence that makes me uncomfortable.
    So does the rethoric of the liberals became more and more violent.
    We let violence rise, it's on us, both liberals and conservatives.
    We all need to tone it down.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't disagree. The point was that it was not Trump telling people to topple tombstones. So, proving that Trump isn't an anti-semite, as texxx tries to do, doesn't get us anywhere on the question of whether anti-semitism in the country has gotten worse.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well you have alot of circumstance around Trump that has responsibility falling on his shoulders to do something or at least say something about it. The speech at the African American museum was a start but he's got alot more to do.

Here is some of that circumstance-

-Courted Breitbart followers (see all their anti-Semitic columns). Hired their CEO to run his presidency.
    -Courted Alex Jones followers (who believe Isreal was behind 9/11). Has been on Jones' show recently & has given some press cred recently.
    -afraid to disavow & offend David Duke (stephen miller follows him on twitter oddly enough)
    -gave a wild answer to the 2 state solution question
    -Was rude to Jewish reporter
    -Campaign propaganda with Jewish imagery surrounding Hillary
    -Leaving Jews out of Holocaust remembrance day statement
    -867 Hate Crimes committed in first 10 days following election
    -etc. etc.

Yeah Trump might not be an Anti-Semite but with so much circumstance surrounding him on the matter, its ridiculous to say that he's without responsibility. At worst, he's knowingly "Dog-Whistling" to this base and using them for political gain. I don't think any decent person out there that's taking off their partisan hat would tell you he SHOULDNT disavow the Alt-Right, condemn anti-Isreal propaganda websites, and separate himself from anti-Semites that are feeding off his presidency. His hands aren't clean to say the least. Either he knows it and is guilty or doesn't know that he's the vehicle they are riding on which makes him a complete moron.

Deckard likes this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

They are being threatened.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

LOL what a joke of a post, can you possibly add any more presumptions in a single block of text than you have done just now?

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I would say that Jews in America should not feel unduly threatened. Trump and the alt-right is probably the most important reason many groups including Muslims, immigrants, minorities, gays and others feel increasingly threatened. I think the reason for the increased threats against American Jew are probably due to Trump even though many of the Trump folks are keen to support Israel as it moves more alt-right itself.

See Israel bars Human Rights Watch director from entering country, calls org ‘Palestinian propaganda’ - See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2017/02/director-palestinian-propaganda/#sthash.VYfS2fWj.dpuf

More and more Americans are upset at Israel for its mistreatment of the Palestinians, but the folks who feel this way are unlikely to treat Jewish folks in the US the way they object to how the Palestinians are treated.

Similarly