1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Short and dim sighted fans and media

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Apr 20, 2011.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Hide your kids, hide your wives, cause they're out on the prowl. Who was the douchebag in the presser that asked how many years it's been since we got out of the first round? Talk about shortsighted when you can't see past 2 years. And even some Clutchfans ghosts are rearing their ugly heads after a glorious returning from the Suns board to grace us with their infinite knowledge once again. Because you were so right on about everything before, we should totally NOT treat your opinion like a giant piece of dung being rolled by a dung beetle until it gathers enough steam and dung and reaches critical dung mass.

Anyways, the situation isn't all that complicated yet there is still an uproar over it. I think primarily it is because these fans(fanatics) and these media(talking heads) can't see the bigger picture. Or maybe just too dimwitted to get it. It's an epidemic that has gotten so out of hand that Morey has had to get defensive, and Clutch has had to lose friends. It has a name, and it's myopia. Let's clear up the picture.

Adelman is a good coach. Cool story bro. Has nothing to do with why we are moving on.

We do not want to stand pat in mediocrity. That is not some spontaneous revelation. It is part of an ongoing plan. It is why we made the trades we made this year. Adelman was not happy then, which means he won't be happy when we keep following through on the plan. That's because he's not onboard with the plan. Now the plan might be right, or it might be wrong, but we HAVE to have a plan. And a coach who's job is to dole out minutes HAS to be onboard with the plan. Otherwise the plan is guaranteed not to work, and moves/trades will be counter-productive.

I have no idea why Adelman isn't onboard with the plan. You know, the plan to get better. Maybe he's delusional. Maybe it's senility. Maybe he thinks we are good enough. Maybe he just doesn't want to wait around. He has his own reasons. Whatever the case, bye bye Adelman. It is that simple.

Do you see it now? Is it still unclear? I have a solution for you. It's called LASIK.

8 people like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Good OLD Barry Warner :grin:

BTW, Tell em' son!

[​IMG]

#2 REEKO_HTOWN, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

Best thread of the new year.

Bravo.

Bravo.

Bravo.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

It has nothing to do with being short sighted.

Our team is ruled by dishonorable and corrupt men and will never win a championship until its soul is cleansed with the blood of the whoremongers.

5. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

Spot on CXbby!

6. BeARocketsFan

BeARocketsFan Member

Maybe Adelman didn't like the plan because he's seen several decades more Basketball than Morey has and knows Morey's plan won't work.

7. s.b713

s.b713 Member

LMAO....

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

CXbby, I usually enjoy your posts. But whenever someone tells me "It's that simple!" about a situation as complicated as this, I can't help but roll my eyes.

1 person likes this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Not sure if what Morey uses has been out there for several decades. Actually I am sure. Maybe Adelman is just too old to learn something new. That is fine since he wins with what he has and what he is comfortable with. That doesn't mean we should abandon our own strategy to cater to him. It's not like he would've guaranteed us the championship he's never won had he stayed.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

keep up the condescension carl, its become very becoming of you

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Silence, whoreson.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i'm down with morey i know stats so you other guys are morons for being upset on losing a hof coach who made the whole better than the sum

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think it's more complicated than what you make it out to be, but at the same time I agree with the general idea.

We are moving in a direction, whether it's bad or good is still yet to be determined, but we ARE moving towards a direction. At least we get a sense of where we're going or where we'll be.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

whatever happens, this will be the true test of morey, the direction of an unproven gm (yes he has made good moves improving quality of assets but he hasn't won) vs. a hof coach. his direction better be up

15. DCkid

DCkid Member

I think you just identified why some people have the right to complain.

16. trugoy

trugoy Member

personally i think Morey thinks Adelman has underachieved, even without Yao, our team is significantly better this year than last year, yet we only won 1 more game.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

[​IMG]

18. trugoy

trugoy Member

go look at the points differential, regarded as by far the best predictor of team strength.

this year we are +2.2
    last year we were -0.4

So this year we were 2.6 points a game better than last year, that is HUGE.

yet, only 1 win more this year.

19. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Good post.

Obviously the best case scenario would have been if Adelman stayed on as the head coach and fully backed the teams direction going forward, but this was not going to happen. Apparently Adelman believed the pre-trade deadline Rockets were a contending team.

The way I see it this team was built like the "Clutch City" teams of the past with the exception of a player of the qualities of Hakeem Olajuwon. That is a huge missing cog my friends. This team was scrappy and they will always have a special place in my heart when I reminisce, but we were never going to seriously contend for a title.

The way we were/are built I think the only guy that makes us a championship contender is Dwight Howard...

#19 Scarface, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

No problem. I should put an "IMO" tag on it, since obviously we don't share it. What prompted the thread in the first place was actually my own eyes rolling when I read all the complaints. I mean, what is the alternative here? Keep Adelman, and

1. Change our entire strategy to cater to him. We invest millions into statistical analysis that goes unused, so scratch that. We build around our current squad that Adelman has enjoyed coaching so much. Really we should fire Morey since there is no point in having a GM with such differing philosophy than the coach that will be really calling the shots.

2. Change nothing. Which means the GM trading the coaches favorites for guys he won't play or inherently won't give a fair shot to. This leaves a pissed off coaching staff and a pissed off front office with a team full of depreciating "assets" since all we will be doing is trading players for players who would waste away.

For instance, now looking back, 20/20 vision, some examples of this disconnect.

Was Lowry really given a fair shot at the starting spot? Was he given every opportunity to succeed as a Morey guy as opposed to Brooks who Adelman supposedly hand picked? To me the answer is clearly no, since he never would have started ONE game if not for injury.

Goran Dragic. Did he really only deserve under 10 minutes some games? With Lowry on a bum ankle did we really need to play him 40+ minutes? I ask this since the guy put up a freakin' triple double when given the opportunity. It was almost as if Rick was saying, hey Morey you traded my boy Brooks for this guy? You want Lowry? Fine I'm running him into the ground.

Terrence Williams. I really dislike him. His attitude is everything that is wrong with the NBA. With that said was he really given the SAME opportunity as everyone else? Adelman held him accountable and made Williams conform to his way, or the highway. That didn't go well with the oversized ego of squid. I have zero problem with how Adelman handled the situation and actually applaud him for it. What I do have a problem with is consistency. Does he treat "his guys" the same way with a heavy hand? Was the same accountability demanded from Brooks when he was clearly going off on a tangent onto his own planet, hurting the team? Was the same accountability demanded from Budinger when NBDL scrubs were licking their chops to drop career nights on him? Wait, wait... Adelman is a "player's coach" who plays to the strengths of his players. Oh right, I forgot.

My point of all this is that to me there really was no alternative. If it came down to Adelman vs Morey then like I said, really simple. At least for me.

1 person likes this.