1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooting in Colorado

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dockerland, Jul 20, 2012.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

absolutely right.

2. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Sad news. Prayers to the families.

Don't know what else to say... people are crazy.

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I disagree. I want to know as much as possible, I think it would help the families with some closure as well. Plus, I think death is the easy way out. I want to run this guy through the mud, and then watch him rot behind bars. Wish we had a separate prison system for people like this. One that human-rights groups turned a blind eye to. I am talking about Abu Ghraib X 10

My heart goes out to all those affected by this tragedy...:(

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Considering he mentioned having explosives rigged up at his apartment, I'm glad they didn't kill him. It's important to keep him alive (for the time being) for investigative purposes, as well as psychological evaluation. That info could potentially save hundreds of people's lives.

5. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Footage from outside the theater, didn't see it posted..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T7sIiqq66rk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

NBC is reporting that NYC police are stepping up security at theaters showing The Dark Knight.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He wants to have his face plastered all over the news and be talked about and famous. That is why the korean sent all those pictures to news outlets before he killed people in VaTech (don't know his dumb name). He wants a trial to be debated on the news every night. His current life was meaningless and small and petty and now he is 'somebody'.

I don't want to know this guys life story, his problems in life or what he looks like. I just want him gone.

#107 Bandwagoner, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  8. Bandwagoner

Might that not be hysteria cause by police who just saw a theater full of blood and guts?

I'm guess he has some bomb parts or something he made from some moronic part of the internet and they all went berzerko pretending he has tripwires and motion detectors.

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This ^^^

10. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

With all the advances in mental health care and anti-depressant/anit-psychotic medication, there are more disturbed people now than ever. The internet has created a socially isolated generation with no attention span . . . and the West tries to patch the problem with medication instead of get to the root cause.

All the 4chan/9bar/reddit websites shld be shut down because one degenerate is bad enough... but when they congregate, they gain confidence to act out their degenerative thoughts.

11. DonnyMost

I don't think the police would make up a bomb scare and evacuate hundreds of people from their homes on a lark. It's ok to say "you're right, it's a good thing they got him alive so we could get valuable information out of him." If you want to fry him later, that's your call, but let's not pretend that blowing his brains out on sight is the best thing to do.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Preach it brother.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Does anyone know if he immediately surrendered once the police got there? Or was he firing back?

14. Bandwagoner

It is the best thing.

I am willing to bet anything he just had some crap laying around in his apartment. There is no way in hell anything was "rigged to blow". It is all the police.

And I PROMISE you the police would evacuate. There is no reason to not evacuate.

1 person likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

Regardless of your stance on pill-popping (which I agree, there's an "over-prescription" problem in this country, for more than just mental health), mental health isn't something that is taken quite as seriously or understood as well as it should be. Therapy, be it through medication or other means, can help save lives and improve the quality of life of many.

I don't think they had anything to do with it, looks like it was just a hoax. Those tricksters...

16. justtxyank

I'm with Casey on this. This kid is about to get what he wanted. He's going to be famous. Talking heads all over tv will fawn all over him and blame society and movies and video games. He'll go to jail where nutbag women will write to him and want to have his babies. Websites will pop up calling him a hero for the forgotten souls.

The best outcome from this would have been someone in the audience packing and blowing his brains out before he got do any damage.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Everyone's parenting is different. My wife told me that she would not have let me take my son to see this film if he was 6 (he's 2 now). But I'd be thinking like Max, if he's mature enough to see it and I know it's just for his entertainment, what's the problem?

Definitely would not take him to a midnight showing tho, that's just plain stupid. Nothing good comes from being out past midnight with children, ever.

18. Bandwagoner

no struggle

19. justtxyank

Why would he struggle? He apparently didn't want to die.

20. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member